Well biscuits are not actually a healthy thing to eat but there are some better ones in India.
Let’s see what I found when I was searching for the best healthy biscuits in India.
PS: Many in this list are cookies and apart from the thickness I see no difference between cookies and biscuits.
Top 6 best healthy biscuits in India
In general oats biscuits for weight loss or multigrain biscuits are good for health in India. You can pick any one from the list below and you are good to go. But still I have categorized them in a way which I felt suits them best.
For example you will see them categorized in digestive biscuits for weight loss or biscuits without maida in India, high fiber biscuits in India etc.
Best biscuits without maida in India
Best high fiber biscuits in India
Early Foods Assorted – Dry Fruit & Multigrain Millet Jaggery Cookies
Best healthy biscuits for weight loss
Best sugar free biscuits in India
Best digestive biscuits for weight loss
Best healthy biscuits
Reviews of the best healthy biscuits in India
In these reviews I have picked the biscuits that are multigrain, uses no sugar and contains some protein. These are to be the best characteristics for them to be considered among the best healthy biscuits in India.
Most of these biscuits come with good packaging
From low sugar biscuits for diabetics to best biscuits for health for gym goers – you will find them here!
Diabexy Peanut Cookies Sugar Control for Diabetes
This healthy biscuits for weight loss has lots of peanut protein in each bite.
If you want to have a healthy snack and like cookies and biscuits then this is the best option for you.
The existing peanut protein also makes it good for bodybuilders.
Diabexy Peanut Cookies are probably the healthiest biscuit to eat in India.
Diabexy Peanut biscuits came first in my mind when I was looking for the best biscuits without maida in India.
It is made with peanut butter which is very low in glycemic load meaning it is also suitable for diabetes patients.
It can be used as a snack or with tea. But if you have peanut allergy then you should stay away from it.
- The sweetener used is fructooligosaccharides, which is a fiber that is sweet to taste.
- Get all the goodness of peanuts.
- No eggs
- No gluten
- No maida
- 17-gram protein per 100 gram makes this one of the high-protein biscuits in India as well.
- Diabexy biscuit is low in glycemic index which is good for sugar patients.
- No Sugar so diabetics can be at peace. Many gym goers also focus on getting 9 sugar biscuits as well.
- No maltodextrin. This is a harmful chemical that fitness enthusiastic do not like.
- No wheat flour. Wheat flour is generally not considered good for health.
- This biscuit is suitable for everyone. And has some vegan protein content in it as well.
- This one might help with healthy weight gain.
- Peanut allergy.
Taste Good Karela Biscuits
These Karela biscuits are good for health in India and these are also low sugar biscuits for diabetics.
A good way to eat veggies it seems but jokes apart the concept of this biscuit is good.
It is good for hungry people to curb the hunger and thus good for weight loss. And it tastes good as an evening snack with tea.
And kerala can keep your blood sugar levels checked.
Kareal biscuits are the one of the healthiest biscuits you can buy in India.
If you are after a high fiber biscuits in India then you can get these.
And like me you will be also surprised by the taste since it is made from karela.
Yes, that bitter vegetable. And it also has oats, almonds. And it is naturally it is good for people with blood sugar issues.
- Made with karela which itself provides many health benefits.
My mom would love to see me eat this everyday!
- No added sugar.
- Might help with diabetes and digestive issues. However you will need a doctor anyway.
- Might help with blood pressure.
- Wheat in this biscuit might help with increasing energy and improving digestion.
- Almonds and oats will provide some vitamins, minerals and add to the taste.
- Get all the health benefits of karela along with oats, almonds.
- The oats and karela biscuit is good for suppressing hunger.
- This is good for sugar patients. Might help with lowering sugar levels but not proven yet.
- 0 cholesterol and 0 trans fat.
- Medium Glycaemic Index & Low Glycaemic Load.
- Many would say it contains maida instead of wheat.
Early Foods Assorted – Dry Fruit & Multigrain Millet Jaggery Cookies
These are high fiber biscuits in India which can help with your overall health and weight loss.
Buy this for the wide range of multi grains and nuts it has.
The taste is great and this will help you get health fats which you can not get from rich foods.
This biscuit is also suitable for low carbohydrate diets.
This biscuit in India is the best healthy biscuits for weight loss.
It is nutrient dense with nuts, cereal like whole grams like jowar, oatmeal, corn, wheat, ragi etc.
Also contains saboodana/Tapioca Flour, Dry Fruits (Almonds, Pista, Cashews, Dates, Walnuts, Watermelon Seeds, Lotus Seeds/Makhana, Pumpkin Seeds
You will get a good amount of carbs with this biscuit and as a sweetener jaggery is used. Which itself has few health benefits.
Diabetes patients stay away from this one though. This multi grain biscuit is good for gym goers.
- This biscuit contains a lot of cereal thus you will get lots of minerals, vitamins from them.
- It is Good for any diet as it is very nutritious. But it has Jaggery and nuts thus if you have blood sugar or peanut allergy then you should reconsider it.
- No saturated fat.
- Contains healthy fat derived from the nuts and cereals it has.
- No maida thus it should be good for anyone who wants a low calorie buscuit.
- No refined sugar which is is very harmful.
- No maltodextrin which many health conscious people do not know.
- No artificial sweeteners yet do not consume if you want something sugar free.
- No added colors so you don’t have to eat other chemicals.
- No artificial flavours yet the biscuit tastes good.
- This tasty biscuit can be included into your low carb diet.
- Can be used to lose weight if you workout enough.
- Good tasting biscuits for snacking healthy.
- Will boost your metabolism.
- Good for people with allergies from egg (like me).
- Tastes great with milk since it has the natural jaggery in it.
- This biscuit is not suitable for peanut allergy.
Little Chime ADDIT Foods Sugar Free Oats Biscuit
This is one of the best tasty sugar free biscuits that you can get in India!
If you are diabetics and want to add sugar free biscuits in India with your healthy diet per day then this is a good option.
You can have it as a snack or with tea, works great in both ways.
This Little Chime can work as the healthy biscuits for weight loss in India also.
Oats are generally good for sugar patients and for cardiac related issues and these sugar free biscuits have a lots of them in them.
Since they are using stevia for sweetness and there is no other sugar type element this is easily the best sugar free biscuits in India.
This will definitely not spike your insulin levels.
- Can be good for a ketogenic diet or for a carbohydrate diet.
- Biscuit is filled with complex carbohydrates. Complex carbs are really good for your body.
- Can help with digestion but definitely not a remedy.
➡ Himalaya Quista Pro Vs Muscleblaze
- Good for those with cardiovascular disease. If they really can not live without a biscuit then they can pick this one.
- This is good for people who are obese since it does not have much calories.
- Since it has low calories but good nutrients, this is great for people who are dieting.
- Great for people who are looking for sugar free biscuits.
- Little expensive like other healthy biscuits.
Sunfeast Farmlite Digestive High Fibre Biscuits
High fiber biscuits in India with good digestive features and flavours.
If you have no apparent health issues then this biscuit is a great option.
It has some oils and other so called unhealthy ingredients along with lots of fibers.
But still it is a good choice as a daily tea biscuit in your home.
This a great budget option if you are looking for digestive biscuits in India. It comes with a 1kg pack and will last for a whole month easily.
It makes perfect sense for me to grab these at low prices.
- Made with all types of wheat products like whole wheat flour, wheat fibre etc.
- Comes with oat flour, jowar, ragi also. Thus I can see this biscuit can provide many complex carbs and minerals.
- No cholesterol.
- NO trans fat.
- Made from ashirvad atta.
- Sunfeast Farmlite contains a high amount of whole grains which will help with low/high carb diets.
- May help with maintaining body weight since these are relatively low in calories.
- Can be good for overweight people as they have a fulling effect,
- May keep the digestive system healthy.
- Can get a good amount of macronutrients.
- Some artificial flavour, colors are there.
- Many also note that due to enhancing flavours there are less good carbs and more sugar.
- Many do not like the taste.
RiteBite Max Protein 7 Grain Breakfast Cookies
One of the best biscuits for health with 10 gram of protein per biscuit.
Definitely not a sugar free, no chemical biscuit but this one provides good taste, 10 gram protein per biscuit and good amount of fibers and carbs.
Good for people who want to eat protein at every meal.
Like the peanut biscuit, the ritebite max protein biscuits are rich in protein and fiber.
This is my personal choice if you are trying to gain muscle and trying to eat more protein with every bite.
And it is a bonus that it has choco chips.
Who does not love choco chips!
- Low-fat chocolate flavour cookie/biscuit.
- NO Maida.
- Contains grains like oats, sattu, ragi, wheat, corn, amarnath, quinoa etc.
- 10 gram protein per biscuit
- 24.8 gram carbohydrate per biscuit.
- 4 gram dietary fiber per biscuit
- May help with increasing carbohydrate intake.
- Good for breakfast.
- Good for on the go snack, mid night craving.
- Good for increasing protein intake in between meals.
- Can get the goodness of all the 7 grains in the biscuit.
- Chocolate flavour tastes great.
- Not a sugar free option.
How to chose best healthy biscuits in India
Ingredients: When you are trying to buy the best healthy biscuit in India then the first thing to check is the ingredients. Ideally you should get biscuits with no maida, no sugar and artificial flavours. That is okay if you are selecting biscuits for elderly or for diabetics patients.
If you are into fitness then you can also check into buying biscuits with high protein content. But note that most of the time the protein will come from peanuts.
Also this will not be your primary protein source but as a snack it will work great.
Taste: Sometimes when you are looking for a healthy eating option then taste takes a backseat. But there are many biscuits which are healthy with some good taste. I am not talking about chocolate or vanilla flavoured ones but there is a natural flavours to the oats/multigrain biscuits.
Price: Don’t break the bank for a biscuit pack. If possible stop consuming biscuits completely which could be a great decision for your health.
Are Parle G biscuits good for health?
Our old friend Parle G which I used to take for tiffin in school is good for general people with no health issues. It has a good amount of glucose which will help you with boosting your energy but definitely not for the diabetics or picky eaters.
What is a healthy alternative to biscuits?
In India the badam/peanut chikkis are a good alternative to biscuits. These are made with natural ingredients and contain no artificial sugar. But still if you have high sugar issues then you might want to skip it. Another choice will be granola bars which are made from different types of grains and is costly. But you can make granola bars at home.
Can I eat biscuits everyday?
Yes you can eat biscuits everyday but If it is possible then you can avoid them altogether. And switch to chikki, raisins, dried fruits, oats bar, protein bars etc. Most of the biscuits will have some sugar and unhealthy ingredients.
What can I substitute for biscuits?
If possible you can make your own cookies or biscuits with dried fruit, protein powder and use them as a substitute for biscuits.
Which biscuit is good for weight loss?
Biscuits will not make you lose weight but if you are after consuming less calories than you can opt for zero/low calorie biscuits. Otherwise you should just avoid them and progress towards your weight loss goals.
Do biscuits increase weight?
Any food will have some calories and in general biscuits will have sugar based calories. Which will help with increasing weight in a bad way. If you want to increase weight then you can skip biscuits and eat dry fruits, oats etc.
Can sugar patients eat biscuits?
Biscuits made with refined flour are bad for people with diabetes. Sugar patients should look for biscuits with zero sugar made with dietary fiber.
Which biscuit is good for weight loss?
Diet biscuits in India are low in calories and are rich in dietary fiber. This might help with weight loss but your entire diet and workout routine will determine if you will lose weight or not.
Why we should not eat biscuits?
Except all the zero calorie and dietary biscuits, the rest of them are highly processed food with lots of sugar and fat. Which are not beneficial to our body. That is why eating a large amount of biscuits is not recommended at all.
Is Biscuit a junk food?
Yes, biscuits can be considered a junk food. Almost all the biscuits are highly processed, and contain a lot of sugar and calories. And eating them regularly will have a bad effect on your body.
What can I drink instead of eating?
Make protein shakes with lots of fruit juices or milk and you can skip chewable foods. Shakes are easy to digest and make thus these are getting really popular with time.
Ref: History of Biscuit