If you are looking for the best barbell set for home gym, then I am going to help you with it.
But first, if you are just starting out then you might need a squat rack as well.
It will be tough lifting up a lot of weight with barbell for squats or overhead press without a power rack.
And do not fall for those 50mm plates and Olympic bars. If you are not a pro then you probably will not need them.
But if you have the budget to spend and you truely want the best stuff then the Olympic bars should be on your buying list.
For home gym, here are the:
5 Best Barbell set for home gym
- Evolv.shop 6ft Barbell+30kg Rubber Plates Combo
- BULLAR Professional Adjustable Rubber Coated 10kg to 50kg
- The Cube PowerBar | Adjustable Barbell 18 & 38 kg
- Evolv 7ft Barbell+Cast Iron Plates
- Kakss (10 Kg to 200 Kg) barbell with Neoprene Coated Weight Plates
Reviews of the Best Barbell set for home gym
Evolv.shop 6ft Barbell+30kg Rubber Plates Combo
If you are a beginner who wants to do some barbell complexes or use a barbell and thinking of ramping up their weight-bearing numbers, then get this one.
Evolve shop delivered the items quickly and those were very neatly packed as well.
This 6 feet barbell is what I use right now. And I like this 28mm barbell over 5 feet barbells.
5 feet always felt small for me but you might find them more useful.
Evolv.shop items are great to use and these are no exception.
They have old school iron barbell set and new rubber coated barbell sets for home gyms as well.
But those are costly, as the quality improves a lot as well.
- 6 feet barbell. Slightly shorter than an Olympic bar but works well as a home gym equipment.
- Chrome plated barbell.
- Available in 30 kg and 60 kg variant.
- Comes with three spring locks.
- 28mm barbell and plates.
- The rubber plates are strong and of correct weight.
- Plate Thickness – 5kg- 2 inches, 3kg-1.5 inches, 2kg- 1 inch
- Plate Diameter – 5kg-10 inches, 3kg-8 inches, 2kg- 7.5 inches
- If you want a 6 feet barbell, then this is a good combo for you.
- If you are just starting out with barbells, then this barbell for a home gym is a good choice.
- Pretty affordable and reliable. I got my delivery before the due date and some sale is going on as well.
- Rubber plates seem durable and as per them, they are unbreakable.
- Plates are of compact size.
- Rubber plates are very durable than PVC plates.
- Easy to use for both weight gain and weight loss fitness routines.
- Cannot load more than 120 kgs.
BULLAR Professional Adjustable Rubber Coated 10kg to 50kg
If you are after rubber-coated weight plates and a decent barbell set then you can get this one. The two barbells are awesome for a complete home gym workout.
Bullar pro barbell set is somewhat costly but looks premium as well.
And this set thus comes with few additional items like hand gripper and gloves etc.
- Low cost for 50kg barbell home gym set.
- Rubber coated plates with gaps to grab the plates.
- 28mm barbell and plates.
- Comes with one 5 feet and one 4 feet curved barbell rod.
- And also comes with one hand gripper, gloves, jump ropes.
- Comes with an amazing set of adjustable dumbbell rods.
- Pretty affordable when it comes to rubber-coated weight plates.
- Additional items are added bonuses like gloves, skipping rope etc. And also are of great quality.
- Great for starting a fitness journey with strength training.
- All bonus items like skipping rope, gloves etc will supplement your workout routine.
- With this barbell set, you can do functional fitness workouts easily.
- Could have provided 6 feet barbell.
The Cube PowerBar | Adjustable Barbell 18 & 38 kg
If you want to try out the new gator grip system, then you should buy this barbell set for home gym. Otherwise, you can simply save money.
Personally, I am not sure how reliable the gator grip clip mechanism will be in the long term. And especially if you are doing clean and press, power clean etc.
The Cube Powerbar is an amazing piece of home gym equipment that is useful to all of us.
The look is unique and the way the weights are used and dismantled are unique as well.
- Available in 18 kg in 38 kg weight variants.
- Weight plates can be used as hand plates/dumbbells.
- Clamp free weight locking mechanism.
- Rubber-coated weight plates.
- Looks unique for a home gym. Definitely one of the unique design barbell sets.
- The plates act as dumbbells, kettlebell as well.
- Changing weight is really quick and easy.
- The rotating gator grip is said to improve your form.
- Beginners can start with a lighter weights and start their fitness journey easily.
- Suitable for beginner to intermediate strength training.
- Lock system is unique and hard to get. Not sure if rubber plates/bumper plates will fit this bar.
- Rubber coating might have some smell.
Evolv 7ft Barbell+Cast Iron Plates
If you are after showing off your barbell set and love the retro style, then get this premium feeling barbell set.
These are superb for Olympic Weightlifting.
With a proper squat rack, you can go beyond your usual bench presses limits. Olympic bumper plates will fit this barbell too.
Fans of old-school iron plates and barbells, this is for you! This is one of the best affordable 75kg Olympic barbell and classic iron plates combo!
- Classic large-sized iron plates. These are similar-sized to bumper plates but not colorful.
- These can be called black bumper plates as well.
- Olympic barbell of 16 kg to 18kg
- Available in 75 kg and 105 kg heavyweight combo. Can buy upto 123 kgs of weight capacity.
- Excellent barbell combo to do heavy deadlifts, squats and deadlifts.
- Plate Thickness- 20kg-3 inches, 15kg- 2.5 inches 10kg- 2 inches, 5kg- 1.5 inches, 2.5kg-1
- Plate Diameter- 20kg- 45 cm, 15kg- 42cm 10kg- 40cm, 5kg- 30cm, 2.5kg- 20cm
- Classic design!
- The Olympic bar is awesome and is very durable to support 123 kgs.
- A suitable piece of equipment for serious weight lifting fitness goals.
- Can do a wide range of heavyweight workouts at home.
- Can fit Olympic weight plates easily.
- Suitable for Olympic Weightlifting at home.
- Probably the cheapest option in 7 feet Olympic barbell category.
- Can do a wide range of exercises with heavyweights.
- Should invest in squat racks and flat benches as well.
- Heavier weight Olympic barbell and weight plates should be handled with caution.
- Should get a gym floor mat to protect the cement/tiles floor from this heavy gym equipment.
- Mostly suitable for compound exercises since this set does not come with small items like adjustable dumbbells.
Kakss (10 Kg to 200 Kg) barbell with Neoprene Coated Weight Plates
If you are looking for rubber-coated yet colorful weight plates along with a barbell that you can load to its maximum weight capacity, then this is a good buy.
You can even buy a combo of 130 kg if you need it.
With dumbbell handles, this is a versatile piece of home gym equipment to have for an average lifter.
Kakss barbell home gym set is for people who do not like boring black colors only gym.
Exercise with these multi-color weight plate options might lift up the mood of the lifter as well.
- Colorful weight plates.
- You get a kettle bell along with the barbell set.
- You also get a pair of adjustable dumbbells.
- 130 kg of max capacity is available.
- Neoprene rubber coated so your home floors are safe.
- Comes with a skipping rope for cardio fitness as well.
- These gym equipment designs might brighten up your alone home gym days.
- Comes with kettlebell, so you can do some functional drills easily.
- The colors might remind you of bumper plates in budget.
- Decent pricing for the whole set.
- Comes with a curls bar, so you can do some arm strength training as well.
- Suitable for all fitness levels.
- Can do dumbbell exercises as well.
- One of the affordable optionss for home gym.
- Do not slip.
- Few buyers do not like the knurling.
- Some received rusted items.
Top Buying tips for barbell set for home gym
How much do you lift?
Are you among the heavy lifters who can care less about curl bars? Then you may go for 7 feet barbell sets. Those can support 120 kg plus and looks fantastic and professional. For decent load capacity and if you are a beginner, you can skip 7 feet Olympic Weightlifting sets.
Rather, you should pick up something with a rubber coating set with two bars where you can do full range of motion workouts.
Are you training for something?
If you are training and competing for CrossFit, Olympic lifts then you should get barbell sets with 7 feet bar and hi-Temp Bumper Plates.
These will allow you to go for maximum weight capacity and is best for cross-training.
For generic at-home workouts, full-body workouts or some muscle building, get 5 feet barbell combo packs.
If you lack the budget of buying a full set of 30-50 kgs of barbell home gym set, then you should simply buy the barbell first. That along can be around 6 kg. And slowly build over it. Buy 2kg, 5kg weight next and so on.
This is the most budget-friendly way, and this is how I did it as well.
While buying iron brands do not matter much. But still, you should gobble up all the reviews to see if they are sending old stock, rusted bars etc.
Even with a barbell gym set you will miss doing pull-ups so you should get a pull-ups bar as well. Apart from this a decent 30-50 kg barbell set for the home gym would do well for your home gym!