Decathlon yoga mat review
Decathlon has two main types of yoga mats. One is the comfort series and another is gentle. There is another yoga mat type which is XL size. We will only cover these in this Decathlon yoga mat review.
If you are not into Decathlon yoga mats and want to see the best Yoga mat that you can buy in India then see yoga mats here!
Decathlon Comfort Yoga Mat 8 mm Review
Decathlon offers an 8 mm thick yoga mat that is suitable for both dynamic and gentle yoga practice. It is easy to clean and comes with a 2-year warranty.
This is an eco-friendly yoga mat made of 8 mm thick natural rubber tree sap. It is suitable for yoga practitioners of all levels.
It measures 173 cm x 61 cm and weighs 1.85 kg.
- Weight: 2 Kg
- Mat thickness up to 8 mm
- Intensity: Mid-intensity
- Size * : 1.73m*61cm
- Eco-friendly products
- Cleaning instructions:
- After yoga sessions, clean the yoga mat with water and soap and might use some deodorant too.
- The mat is 6 feet (1.83 m) long and soft.
- Excellent quality, thickness, and durability.
- The firmness of the mat is good.
- Beginners and intermediate level yoga practice
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Not comfortable. Once you sweat, it becomes sticky.
- Its good comfort on the floor but needs cleaning up every time to reduce slipperily.
- Careful when doing push-ups and planks.
- You can not do shirshasana over it.
The 8 mm yoga mat from Decathlon is a high-quality mat that is also comfortable to practice on. It is ideal for those new to yoga looking for a gentle introduction, or for experienced students wanting a premium mat.
Decathlon Gentle Yoga Mat 6 mm Review
Gentle Yoga Mat is made of premium grade natural rubber. It has 6 mm thickness, which is enough for gentle yoga practice.
- 6 mm thick
- 183 cm long and 61 cm wide.
- 780-gram weight
- 2 years warranty
- Made in India
- Non-slip grip, good for sweaty palms.
- Decent for hobby yogis.
- Good for beginners who are practising 2-3 times a week.
- The length is OK but the width should be a little wider
- Starts to wear out quickly and has a peculiar smell.
- Can not do workouts like shirasan, planks etc, elbows and joints might get hurt.
If you are a beginner and want to get a yoga mat for doing asanas or sitting poses then this yoga mat makes sense. It is better not to do dynamic movements and balancing poses with this one!
Decathlon Gentle Yoga Mat 8 mm Review
Gentle Yoga Mat has an array of features that make it ideal for your home practise or for travel. Made from eco-friendly materials, the Gentle Yoga Mat is soft and light to carry. The high-density foam is specifically designed for gentle yoga poses. And the anti-slip grip ensures peace of mind during class.
- 8 mm thick.
- Good traction
- 183 cm long and 61 cm wide
- 1.2 kg weight
- Provides good support to the wrists.
- Softness is good for yoga poses.
- Quality is as per usage, not very cheap
- Good for doing balancing yoga poses.
- Thick enough to protect knees as well.
- Not good quality, the material starts tearing and peeling off within 4-5 months
- Not suitable for carrying due to large and heavy design.
If you are after an 8 mm yoga mat from decathlon, then this 8 mm model might help you. This is thick enough for doing balancing poses and gentle on wrists and knees.
Decathlon XL Yoga Mat 5 mm Review
Decathlon Xl Yoga 5 mm thick mat is great for restorative, gentle hatha yoga and pilates. This premium yoga mat also has an excellent grip and is machine washable.
Gentle enough for daily use at home or even for first-time yogis.
XL Yoga supplies a 2-year warranty on this product.
- Comes with 2 years of warranty.
- 960-gram weight
- 215 cm long and 70 cm width and 5 mm thick.
- Large-sized mat for beginners!
- Thickness is good for sitting postures only.
- Has a decent grip.
- The weight of the yoga mat is low, so you can carry it to the yoga studio.
- Not good for dynamic movements.
- The mat has no grip.
- The material looks cheap.
- The shape of the mat changes.
If you want a large yoga mat that is also lightweight then this Decathlon mat might be a suitable one. The thickness is at 5 mm so do not try to do handstands or put pressure on your knees and elbows for a long amount of time.
Although Decathlon yoga mats are good, but there are different yoga mats available online as well. At the end of the day, all you want is a durable yoga mat which is having anti-slip properties.