Earlier the best whey protein isolate in India were only chosen by the elite bodybuilders or athletes.
Main reason was the cost, but now the best whey isolate in India is available at a much low cost.
This opens the door for people like us to get the best cheap whey protein isolate in India.
We are not pro and just want to stay fit and sometimes we do want to have the best whey protein available. And presently I am starting to consume this best whey isolate in India.
Top 10 whey protein isolate in India +1
Check All Other Protein and Supplements Reviews
[Review] Best whey protein isolate in India
On whey protein isolate in India
On whey protein isolate price in India varies a lot but is generally available at much higher rate due to the import duty.
ON whey isolate is popular throughout the world for their effect, mixability.
- Get 25 grams of protein per 31 gram scoop, that is around 80% protein.
- Only 1 gram carb per scoop.
- Contains around 47% of hydrolysed whey protein isolate and rest is whey protein isolate.
- Ultra filtered
- 5 grams BCAA
- 4 grams glutamic acid per serving
- Well known and world famous whey protein blend.
- Offers good amount of protein and naturally occurring BCAA, glutamine
- Digests easily.
- Mixes easily.
- Fast absorption
- Can be used as a pre or post workout or snack.
- Comes with delicious chocolate flavour.
- Many counterfeits in the Indian market.
Abbzorb Nutrition Raw+ Whey Isolate 90%
I am actually sipping this and can tell you that the mixability is great and the protein powder texture is also smooth.
This is one of the low cost whey isolates in India. This protein has several lab tests done also, which proves the protein content as it is on the label.
- 90% whey isolate.
- Contains 7.4 gram BCAA and 4 gram glutamic acid.
- Comes with digestive enzymes
- Ultra filtered whey protein
- No soy protein added
- Will help with muscle building.
- Can be used in many recipes, and as pre post shakes.
- 100% whey isolate, no soy or other ingredients.
- Digestive enzymes will help with faster digestion.
- Unflavoured so this protein can be put into any dishes.
- Great range of naturally occurring BCAA and glutamic acid.
- None at this price point.
- So far there are no refill packs available.
Dymatize Nutrition ISO 100 Whey Protein Isolate Powder
Dymatize is a world known brand when it comes to whey isolate. They also have some ever popular flavours like cookie and cream.
And I have not seen any unflavoured dymatize whey.
- 25 gram protein from 30 gram scoop. That is around 83% whey isolate.
- HYDROLYZED 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
- Comes with 2 gram carbs per scoop.
- 110 calories per scoop.
- 5.5 gram BCAA
- 2.7 gram Leucine
- No banned substance
- No gluten
- 0 lactose
- Comes with a lot of flavours.
- Well known protein blend that comes with leucine.
- Has 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAA
- Has 0 lactose so great for lactose intolerant people.
- No gluten or other banned substances.
- 2 gram carbs and 110 calories per scoop might stop weight watchers but skinny guys will like it.
- Too costly.
- No refill packs.
MuscleBlaze Whey Isolate
Muslceblaze is an Indian company which brings its whey from the USA to make its blend. This Whey Gold is one of their isolate blends.
- 25 gram protein per 30 gram scoop.
- 1.65 gram carbs
- Contains all the BCAA (5.5 grams) and glutamic acid (4.38 grams)
- 11.7 gram EAA
- PDCAA (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid) Score of 1 – which is the highest quality whey isolate in this blend. This is known to be the best whey isolate for bodybuilders to consume.
- Certified lab tested by third party labs
- No gluten
- No banned substances
- Whey comes from the USA and lab tested by a third party.
- Get high quality 25 gram protein per 30 gram scoop.
- Can be used as both pre and post workout.
- Most users do not face any stomach problems.
- Has a good amount of EAA, BCAA which is great for recovery and overall protein intake.
- They recommend eating half scoop for the initial 5 days for ideal digestions. So this can produce digestion issues?
- Sugar content is high, probably due to the flavours.
- Many complain about mixing.
Myprotein Impact Whey Protein Isolate
I have used Myprotein for a long time and they have smooth texture and good mixability. This isolate is one of their best offerings.
- 22 grams of protein from a 25 gram scoop. (unflvoured version)
- Provides a lot of serving due to smaller scoop size.
- UK based company.
- Best for post workout consumption but also cane be used for pre workout or as snacks.
- Comes in many flavours and protein content changes as per the flavour.
- Has naturally occurring 4.5 gram BCAA and 3.6 gram glutamine.
- .6 gram carbohydrate.
- This is one of the best whey isolate in India that has the lowest carbohydrates.
- Comes with many flavours and mixability is great.
- Mixes easily with a protein shaker.
- Provides ample amount of BCAA and glutamine.
- Comes with almost no carbs so good for weight watchers.
- You can get a lot of scoops due to the smaller scoop size. Likely 40 scoops from one kg pack, which will last for more than a month.
- Many do find other flavours as very sweet.
- Many believe that this causes too much foam in the protein shaker.
MyFitFuel MFF Whey Protein 90 Isolate
MyFitFuel is one of those Indian brands that provides great quality whey isolates at chapter rates.
- Provides 28.3 gram of whey isolate protein with scoops of 33.3 grams.
- Get naturally occurring 6.5 gram BCAA, 13.6 gram EAA and 4.6 gram glutamic acid.
- No soy protein or other fillers.
- 124 kcal energy from the unflavoured version.
- .7 gram carbs.
- No added sugar.
- No lactose.
- The protein quantity is not a fluff and it is proved by many youtube reviews with lab test report.
- No fillers or other substances at all.
- Myfitfueual provides protein content quantity in as is and dry basis format as well.
- Get enough EAA, BCAA and glutamic acid to speed up recovery.
- Usable for those who have allergies to milk.
- No digestive enzymes thus it might not suit those with weak digestive power.
- May create some foam.
Advance MuscleMass Whey Isolate with Enzyme Blend
Advance MuscleMass is another Indian brand which provides whey isolates at much lower rates than other US brands.
Although the whey is sourced from the US.
- Provides 25.05 gram protein per 30 gram scoop.
- Naturally occurring BCAA, 5.36 grams.
- 4.08 gram glutamine and 11.36 grams EAA.
- Comes with digestive enzymes.
- No Lactose.
- No gluten.
- Whey isolate is USA made.
- Offers great value for money.
- Great for those who have lactose allergies since this has no lactose.
- Also great for those with digestion issues, this comes loaded with many digestive enzymes for making the digestion of the protein easy.
- Comes with ample amount of BCAA and EAA.
- Good mixability.
Many do not like the flavours.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate 90%
AS-IT-IS Nutrition is one of the first brands to get unflavoured whey popular in my opinion.Many of us do not like to have flavors which lowers the protein content.
- 27 grams of whey isolate from a 30 gram scoop.
- 5.9 grams BCAA, 12.19 gram EAA and 4.54 gram glutamic acid.
- 0 fat
- 1 gram carbs
- No flavour
- No preservatives
- No flavours, no addition of other ingredients makes the whey isolate more pure than others.
- No fat or added sugar and one 1 gram carbs makes it a good choice for weight loss goals.
- Good for fast absorption.
- Good as a pre/post or breakfast option.
- Good mixability.
- No flavours.
- No digestive enzymes so it could be hard to digest.
NAKPRO PLATINUM 100% Whey Protein Isolate
NAKPRO PLATINUM whey isolate provides one of the best value for money whey isolate in India. It offers whey isolate at much lower rates as well.
- 30.4 gram protein per 33 gram scoop.
- Get 6.9 gram BCAA and 5.3 gram glutamine.
- 124kcal per scoop
- .33 gram carbohydrates
- No artificial color, No sugar or other fillers.
- No enzymes.
- Value for money.
- Great amount of actual whey isolate per scoop.
- Comes with a lot of BCAA and glutamic acid.
- Could be good for both weight loss and weight gain goals.
- Few buyers had bloating issues.
- No enzymes might make the digestion tougher.
GNC AMP Pure Isolate
GNC is a known brand when it comes to whey protein blends, and this GNC AMP pure isolate is a mid range whey to be used in India.
- Comes with 25 gram protein per scoop where scoop size is 32 grams.
- Contains naturally occurring 5 gram BCAA, creatine building blocks and glutamic acid.
- No Lactose.
- Contains 4.5 grams of carbs.
- 0 added sugar.
- 127 kcal
- This micro filtered whey protein isolate should get absorbed fast.
- Creatine building blocks along with whey isolate should get you faster to your muscle building goals.
- Due to high carbs per scoop, the calorie count per scoop for this whey isolate is 127 kcal which might help with weight gain.
- Good for people who have lactose tolerance issues.
- Many like the taste.
- Many had stomach issues.
- Not for weight loss goals due to high carbohydrate content.
Isopure Zero Carb 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder
Isopure is a known brand which offers keto friendly whey protein isolate in India.
- Keto friendly.
- 25 grams of protein per 31 gram scoop.
- Micro filtered whey isolate.
- 0 carbohydrate thus very low in calories.
- Can be used at breakfast, post or pre workout meals.
- Whey isolate is USA made.
- Zero carbs, meaning this protein has very low calories of 119 kcal per scoop. This makes it ideal for weight loss/lean bulk goals.
- Good for keto diet.
- Comes with micro filtered whey which is easy to digest.
- Good mixability.
- Many dislike the taste.
- Many doubt about authenticity as in India there are counterfeit products being made for the US brands.
Buying Guide for the best whey isolate in India
Protein Type: Since you are already on a page after searching for the best whey protein isolate in India that means you have already disregarded the best whey protein concentrates. Isolates are generally more dense with protein and have less carbs and calories.
Isolates are great for those who want to lean bulk and also for those who want to lose weight.
Protein Per scoop: Yes, isolate protein packs offer more protein per scoop but still not all companies provide the same amount. Generally raw isolate protein can give your even 95% protein per scoop, meaning at least 30 gram protein per 33 gram scoop. And the isolate blend that comes with digestive enzymes may have around 28 grams of protein per 30 gram scoop.
Digestive Enzymes: Digestive Enzymes are not necessary for many of us. But I prefer isolate proteins with enzymes, my digestive system is not as per with others. And this helps with digesting the protein quickly.
Ingredients: The ingredients of a whey isolate will vary from brands to brands. Some include creatine, some include glutamine and some include nothing and present the whey isolate protein as it is.
Creatine and glutamine is a good option to choice from if it is included. Otherwise you can eat them directly also. I do not mind these ingredients in my protein since these will help with muscle growth and recovery.
But I do not like whey proteins that comes with added vitamins or other elements. These simple decrease the protein per scoop and is not much needed at all.
Flavour: Many can not eat an unflavoured protein at all, thus they pick the flavour they like. But note that many flavours sacrifice on protein content quantity. In general vanilla and chocolate flavours do not sacrifice on protein quantity much. And if you can get used to the bland milk powder like unflavored isolate protein then you can also get the highest protein per scoop.
I always take isolate whey protein with no flavour.
Jar Quantity: This basically indicates the quantity of the entire package. Generally the larger the pack, lower the price is. For example, where 1 kg of isolate whey protein price could be around 2k, there 2.5kg of isolate whey protein might cost around 3.5k. To get whey protein isolate cheapest price you can always pick the bigger pack/jar.
Cost: Cost varies from brand to brand. USA brands costs more due to high import duties. But few US brands are world known for their whey isolates. I would like to find Indian whey protein isolate brands since those will be cheaper.
Protein Source: Many whey protein brands openly disclose from where the whey is sourced from. And that is good information to know. Although very costly, you may prefer grass fed whey. Those tend to be of really high quality. Otherwise any other would work for general fitness anyway.
Whey protein isolate benefits/ Advantages
Prevent Muscle breakdown
Taking whey protein isolate as a post workout drink will help prevent muscle breakdown. This also means that your recovery time will be shorter and less DOMS.
Promotes Muscle growth
We need protein for muscle growth and eating good amount of whey protein solves this easily. Usually one scoop of whey isolate is suitable for anyone. But for lean muscle growth you might need to consume more.
May Boost Immunity
Since protein helps our body to repair everything, consuming whey protein isolate might also boost your immunity.
Whey is known to suppress hunger, so if you are after a low calorie diet then you can try whey after workout or before meals. This will help you to consume less food.
Low in calorie
Whey isolate does not contain carbs, so inherently it is low in calories. This means you can eat more protein per scoop and move towards lean muscle growth.
Low Lactose Levels
If you have allergies to milk then consuming whey concentrate is a big no. Whereas whey isolates contain little to no lactose. This helps people with lactose intolerance to digest whey protein.
Whey isolate digests very quick and usually does not cause any stomach issues.
Whey protein isolate disadvantages
Cost: whey protein isolates are very costly, and you can probably skip it and get other protein sources with low cost easily. But these isolates also provide a time saving way of consuming more protein easily.
Less calorie: If you are someone who is skinny like me, then low calorie foods are not your thing. And consuming whey isolate does not come as a quick mass gaining shake also. But you can always make high calorie protein shakes with isolates.
Best whey protein isolate brands in India
My Fit Fuel
As IT IS
Whey protein isolate absorption time
Whey protein takes around 1.5 hours to get digested but it is also said we can only absorb around 8-10 grams per hour only. I usually take protein by taking half scoops twice daily.
How to use whey protein isolate in India?
As a Breakfast: After fasting of 6-8 horus our body could use a dose of whey isolates. This will help with repairing the muscles in our body.
Mixing with oats, cornflakes is a good way to use whey protein in the morning.
Post Workout: After workout, our bodies could use the whey for maximizing muscle gain. Since whey gets absorbs faster, you can use whey isolate in a shake. You can mix water, milk and other ingredients like vitamins, creatine also.
Pre Workout: You can eat whey before workout to make sure that the digestion of whey ends after your workout. And you get the benefit of muscle growth via muscle recovery quickly.
As a snack: And since you should eat smaller meals, you can make protein shakes, cakes etc and eat anytime you feel so. Unflavoured whey protein isolates are the best choice to make a variety of dishes.
I do not see much difference between these two when it comes to protein content and carbs. But isopure seems to include vitamins where Dymatize keeps the isolate blend completely clean.
Muscleblaze iso zero provides 85% protein where ON provides 78%. Other than this, muscleblaze seem to contain glutamic acid which ON does not. This is based on their labels and I have not done any lab tests.