If you are looking for the best whey protein concentrate in India then you have come to the right place.
I have consumed whey protein concentrate for a long time and recently I have shifted to isolate protein.
- Choose whey with digestive enzymes, it helps poor souls like me to digest protein better.
- All whey concentrate will have lactose, if you have lactose intolerant then you better get isolate whey protein.
Read here to know –
- Whey concentrate or isolate for bulking
- Buying guide to best whey concentrate in India
- How to use
- Benefits of whey concentrate
10 Best whey protein concentrate in India
- MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
- Abbzorb Nutrition Raw plus Whey Protein 80%
- Optimum Nutrition (ON) 100% Whey Protein Powder
- GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein
- Bigmuscles Nutrition Crude Whey concentrate
- MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
- AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate
- NAKPRO GOLD 100% Whey Protein Concentrate
- Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate
- Six Pack Nutrition Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
Check All Other Protein and Supplements Reviews
[Review] Best whey protein concentrate in India
MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80% is one of the most popular whey protein concentrate in India. It has all the good things going on.
- 80% whey protein
- Comes with digestive enzymes
- 117.90 kcal per serving of 30 gram
- 24 gram protein per 30 gram scoop
- 5.29 naturally occurring BCAA
- 4.21 glutamic acid
- Protein mixes well with water and milk.
- It is unflavoured so you can mix with any other food /drinks as well.
- Good for beginners or those who want good protein with good cost.
- May help build muscle with workout.
- May help with faster recovery.
- Digestive enzymes will help poor souls like me.
- Not weight loss friendly.
- Recommends consuming 15 gram in 150ml water for first 5 days, it is not really needed.
Abbzorb Nutrition Raw plus Whey Protein 80%
Abbzorb Nutrition is a new company making whey protein and other sports performance related products.
Although they are a new brand their products has excellent lab test results and uses.
- Comes with jar and zip pouches. Zip pouches are of lower cost.
- Comes with enzymes
- Unflavoured (Instant whey concentrate)
- 124kcal per 33 gram of serving
- 26.4 gram protein per 33 gram scoop
- 5.64 grams of naturally occurring BCAA
- 4.56 gram glutamic acid per serving
- No added sugar
- Since it is unflavoured you can mix it up with any drink of food. For faster absorption I would chose water.
- May help with relieving DOMS after workout.
- Will help with faster recovery.
- Digestive enzymes are added will help digest the protein faster.
- Comes with lab test reports.
- Value for money.
Higher kcal per scoop, people with weight loss goals might want to skip it.
Optimum Nutrition (ON) 100% Whey Protein Powder
In any country, ON whey comes to top when it comes to mixability, taste and results.
- 22 gram protein per 31 gram serving
- 3.9 gram glutamine
- 5.2 gram BCAA
- 91% blend of whey concentrate and isolate
- Ultra filtered, Instantized whey powder
- Excellent mixability.
- Excellent taste.
- Good results with muscle building.
- May help with recovery.
- Whey is being made in India. Thus there is no hologram and less chances of being duplicated.
- Lots of fakes in the Indian market.
GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein
GNC Pro Performance whey is made in the USA and is of high quality.
Although it is a bit costly, the taste, mixability and results are very good.
- Contains 24 grams of protein per 35 grams scoop.
- Also contains potassium, sodium
- Zero added sugar
- Contains digestive enzymes
- 4.3 grams of naturally occurring glutamic acid
- 5.5 gram BCAA
- Comes with good tasting flavours
- Contains digestive enzymes for better protein digestion.
- No digestion or bloating.
- May help with recovery, muscle gain.
- Zero added sugar and low in calories.
- Good mixability.
- Not all flavours are good.
Bigmuscles Nutrition Crude Whey concentrate
Bigmuscles is a new company making whey protein and other sports related nourishments.
- 24 gram protein per 33 gram scoop
- 5.5 gram BCAA
- 4 gram glutamine
- 132 kcal per serving
- No soy
- No Sugar
- 2 gram maltodextrin added
- No soy or preservativo.
- Good amount of protein per scoop.
- Can be used for recovery, muscle building.
- Maltodextrin is helpful with digestion and makes the smooth soothe.
- Very economic price, pocket friendly for college goers.
Many do not like the fact that it has 2 grams of maltodextrin.
MuscleXP Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
MuscleXP provides unflavoured whey concentrate in India where the whey is sourced from USA.
- 118 kcal per serving
- 24 gram protein per 30 gram scoop
- 4.3 gram glutamine per scoop.
- 5.45 gram BCAA per scoop.
- 0 gram sugar
- No gluten
- No Soy
- Does not really contain any other chemicals/substances.
- You can get a good amount of protein per scoop.
- Can be used for any drink or food since it has no flavour.
- May be good for recovery and muscle building.
- Many were not happy with the mixability.
- Many were not happy with the overall quality.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate
AS-IT-IS nutrition provides unflavoured whey and they made the unflavoured whey popular in India in my opinion.
- 24 gram protein per 33 gram scoop.
- 5.4 gram BCAA per scoop
- 119 kcal per scoop
- No Sugar
- No other chemicals
- Gluten free
- Raw whey ensures there are no artificial elements. And you get pure form of whey.
- Can get a good amount of protein per scoop.
- Protein is unflavoured so can be used for making many food items.
- Good for muscle building, recovery and strength.
- Several lab test reports available.
- Many might have stomach issues from this. Since it does not have any digestive enzymes, it might get too heavy for your stomach.
- Many say the quality has degraded.
NAKPRO GOLD 100% Whey Protein Concentrate
NAKPRO is a fairly new company selling whey proteins in India that got popular due to good content and price.
- 27.1 gram of whey concentrate per 33 gram scoop.
- 4.62 grams of glutamic acid
- 6 grams BCAA
- No flavour
- No added sugar
- May enhance recovery
- May help with muscle growth.
- 27.1 gram of whey concentrate per scoop is one of the highest quantity you can get.
- Comes with many flavours.
- Cost effective when it comes to beginners or those who are starting up.
- No digestive enzymes might make it hard to digest for some people.
- Few people lab tested the protein and got very low whey protein in it.
- Many felt there was no gains after consuming the whey protein.
Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate
Nutrabay is a company that sells a lot of different protein powders from different brands. But this one is one of their own.
- 23.4 grams of protein per 30 gram scoop.
- 122.7 kcal per scoop
- 5.3 gram BCAA per serving
- Contains some minerals like potassium, sodium, calcium
- No Sugar
- No Gluten
- No added preservatives
- Provides a good amount of protein per scoop.
- Has no fillers, no sugar or preservatives.
- Has ghood amino acid profile.
- Might be helpful as a pre or post workout drink due to the other minerals.
- May help you with muscle growth, recovery.
- Many did not like the taste, but it is an unflavoured protein so it will not taste good.
- Many comment that the whey source has changed and product quality degraded.
- Bad mixing.
Six Pack Nutrition Raw Whey Protein Concentrate 80%
Six Pack nutrition makes budget yet good whey concentrate in India. This is a another great option for budget fitness enthusiasts.
- 24 gram protein per 30 gram scoop.
- 5.4 gram BCAA
- 4 gram glutamic acid
- 122kcal per scoop
- No Added sugar
- No added preservatives
- Can mix it with any food item you prefer.
- Offers wide range of BCAA and EAA which are naturally occurring in the whey concentrate.
- May help you with strength building.
- May help you with recovering from DOMS
- Good mixability and texture.
- Due to no digestive enzymes, many might face bloating, digestion issues.
- Might contain maltodextrin which many do not like, and it adds up the calories and sweetness.
Whey concentrate for weight loss
Whey concentrate is not the best protein if you have weight loss goals. Whey concentrate has little more carbs amd calories than the whey isolate. While whey isolate is costly but in this regard, whey concentrate is not superior.
But if you are just skinny fat then don’t bother. Eat whey concentrate, save money.
For bulking, especially for dirty bulk whey concentrate is of better value. It costs less and does not provide really more protein per scoop.
But if you want to do lean bulk and have money to spare then always go with whey isolate.
Whey concentrate vs blend
Personally I do not like blended proteins. Most of the time these protein blends do not mention what type of protein is in it, in what percentage.
Whey protein concentrate vs casein
Whey protein concentrate is a fast absorbing protein where as casein is a slow absorbing protein. Casein is mostly eaten at bed time so that it stays in your body for a longer period of time and aid in recovery.
Where as whey is generally consumed pre/post or during the workout to prevent muscle breakdown, muscle growth and recovery.
Although casein also helps with muscle growth apart from recovery, whey is suited for most of us and is more versatile.
Whey protein concentrate side effects
If you are allergic to milk or is lactose intolerant then you might have skin issues or other allergic issues from consuming whey concentrate. Otherwise there should not be any issues from whey protein concentrate.
For a variety of usages, buy unflavoured whey protein concentrate. You can then mix it with any flavoured drink or make cakes etc. if you buy flavoured then your best option is to make a protein shake and drink it.
Ideally and in my opinion after workout protein shakes makes more sense. As your body gets the protein quickly and starts building the damaged muscles right away.
Otherwise you can eat protein shakes as a breakfast or as a snack any time.
I usually eat half scoop 2-3 times a day.
Recovery: The naturally occurring BCAA and glutamic acid in whey concentrate will speed up the recovery. And you will probably feel less DOMS after working out.
Muscle Growth: The main benefit of consuming whey concentrate is gaining muscles. Whey concentrate when consumed after workout or consumed daily to meet protein intake will result in muscle growth. Although that is dependent on the workout that you do.
Daily Protein: Most of us will struggle with eating fish, chicken, dairy daily to meet protein goals. Using whey concentrate will give a simple way to meet that goal easily.
Immunity: Consuming enough whey concentrate with a balanced diet will boost your basic immunity.
Buying guide for the best whey protein concentrate in India
Chemicals added: always check if the whey concentrate has banned chemicals, extra sugar, ecxtra carbs. You would want to make sure that there is less of everything else than whey protein.
Proteins Per scoop: Don’t get fooled by 24 grams of protein per scoop. Always check the quantity of the scoop. Smaller the scoop is better. Usually myprotein does it best by providing 25 grams scoop and 20 grams protein per scoop.
But the cost is really high. And there are many Indian brands provide similar type of whey now so you can choose them.
Cost per Scoop: You could choose the best whey protein concentrate in India by the price of the whole pack. But I would suggest that you divide the price by this (Price)/Quantity*Scoop size.
Source of Whey: Usually most of the brands use USa made whey and if the source is known like Glanbia then it is all ok. Also check the manufacturing and packaging plant name and location.
Is whey protein concentrate bad?
If you have an allergy to lactose then whey concentrate is bad for you. Although the whey might come with digestive enzymes, it may still not be good for you.
Does whey protein concentrate have dairy?
All whey proteins have dairy, and in whey concentrate there is lactose. If you are allergic to lactose then you might have a hard time adjusting to whey protein concentrate