Best treadmills under 40000 in India are suitable for running and walking and most of them do come with auto incline and auto lubrication.
If you are willing to spend around 40k INR then either you want to run or want a well cushioned track to protect your knees.
Top 5 Best treadmill under 40000 in India
Best treadmill under 40000 for Running
Healthgenie 4612A 2HP (4HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill with Auto Incline & Auto-Lubrication
Best treadmill under 40000 for home
Best treadmills under 40000 for walking
Stunner Fitness STX-250 2.0HP (4.0HP Peak) Motorized Treadmill with Auto Inclination
Multipurpose treadmill under 40k INR
Most of the treadmills types here in this list of best treadmills under 40k provides 4HP peak and are multipurpose. These can be used for running, walking, rehab workouts and more.
Check the detailed reviews below to know more.
Review Best treadmill under 40000 in India
Cockatoo CTM-03 2 HP ( 4 HP Peak) DC-Motorised Treadmill
If you are buying a treadmill for running and walking and more than one person is going to use it then you can consider this treadmill for under 40000 INR.
Cockatoo CTM 03 is a good treadmill which can take the highest speed of 14km per hour which is very good for running at home.
- 2 hP motor with 4 HP peak
- Max speed – 1 to 14 km per hour
- Max weight supported 110kg
- 3 level manual incline
- 16.5 inch height and 47.2 inch wide running surface area
- 8 shock reducing spring
- 1.6mm thick running belt
- Foldable treadmill
- Motor is power is enough for home use and for running. Definitely not for professionals but will work.
- The max speed is good to maintain a decent speed and boost endurance.
- 3 level manual incline is there so you can make your workouts more intense.
- Decent running area width.
- The shock absorbing springs and the thick running belt are good to protect your knees.
- Since the treadmill is foldable, you can easily store it while not using. Good for small apartments also.
- The LCD display can show total distance, calorie etc.
- The safety key is also a good feature.
- The LCD display is small.
- 10 inbuilt programs are not so great.
Healthgenie 4612A 2HP with Auto Incline & Auto-Lubrication
If you are after one of the best treadmills under 40k in India then this is it.
This treadmill has auto incline and auto lubrication features.
And the attachments like the massager belt are very good.
This will help relax and reduce muscle soreness.
Buy this for auto incline, high HP motor and the massage belt.
This Healthgenie treadmill is the best treadmill under 40000 for home.
It has many useful features that you will love.
- 2 HP motor with 4 HP peak.
- 0.8 to 16km per hour speed.
- Auto incline upto 15 degrees and auto lubrication.
- 95% pre installed
- 18 inch wide and 49 inch long running area.
- USB, AUX with speakers.
- LCD has an android console so you can use the internet etc.
- Console can track heart rate, calories, distance etc.
- There are springs to support your knees.
- Massager belt, pushup/sit up bar, twister, dumbbells.
- High powered motor which will run longer and does come with 1 year warranty.
- The speed is good for running and walking.
- The spring under the track is good for your knees also.
- Auto incline has 15 degrees of tilt which will increase the difficulty of your workout.
- There is also auto lubrication so you will spend less time on maintenance.
- 95% is assembled so you can easily set up the machine on your own.
- The running area is decent with moderate thickness of running belt.
- A Massage belt is a good option to reduce your soreness.
- Push up and sit up bars are good enough.
- Bluetooth does not work perfectly.
- Dumbbells are small.
Sparnod Fitness STH-2200 (4 HP Peak) Automatic Treadmill
Although the speed can be higher, the treadmill is well built and does the job if you are under 110kg.
This is good for running and very suitable for walking.
Sparnod Fitness STH-2200 treadmill is one of the foldable treadmills that comes with a massager belt and other attachments.
- 2HP and 4 HP peak motor.
- Foldable treadmill with hydraulic system.
- 110kg user weight supported
- 1-12 km per hour speed.
- 3 level manual incline.
- 16.5 inch width and 47 inch long running area.
- Aux input with speakers.
- The screen is an LCD which can show time, calories, speed and distance.
- Motor power is good in this price range and can be used for running.
- It has a manual incline so you can make your workouts tough.
- You can track your heart rate, calories, distance etc.
- Hydraulic foldable system allows you to store the treadmill in a small space when not in use.
- The massager belt is useful and you can use it to massage your abs, glutes, thighs. It will help reduce soreness and increase blood flow.
- Treadmill is well built and sturdy.
- The speed could be higher.
- Could have auto incline and much higher levels.
Stunner Fitness STX-250 2.0HP
Best auto incline treadmill in India
This treadmill has a lot of features and the top features you should buy this for is auto incline, auto lubrication, 115kg max weight support.
All this and the foldable features makes this treadmill my top choice under 40k.
Stunner Fitness STX-250 is an overall good product which can be used for running and walking and is a good option for home gyms.
- 2 Hp and 4 HP peak motor.
- 14km per hour at the highest speed.
- Max weight supported is 115 kg.
- 12 pre-installed programs.
- Auto inclination feature – 15% highest.
- Auto lubrication feature.
- 49.2” X 16.8” inch wide running area.
- Display can show you heart rate, calories burned, speed, time and distance.
- There is AUX input and some decent speakers.
- The overall console is wide and looks good. The lcd is 5 inch wide though.
- 99% copper motor which is energy efficient and powerful for jogging and running.
- Treadmill can be folded when not in use and comes with the HSS (hydraulic Soft Drop) feature. So you do not have to try hard to fold the treadmill.
- The running track is anti-skid and works nicely.
- At 1.6mm thick, the running belt will dampen some shock to your knees also.
- There is also a dual shock absorption system.
- The 15% auto inline is effortless and works great to increase the intensity of your workouts.
- Do not buy for the mobile connected features.
Healthgenie 4112M, 6In1 Motorized Treadmill Fitness
If you are after a multipurpose combo with treadmill for weight gain then you can buy this healthgenie model.
It has all the features that you will need to start your weight loss journey.
Healthgenie 4112M is a multipurpose treadmill with 6 in 1 feature. It contains the treadmill, resistance bands, dumbbells, twister, massager.
- 2 hp, 4 HP motor.
- 14km per hour speed.
- Manual incline.
- In-built massager.
- Sit up bars included, twister.
- Foldable treadmill.
- Comes 95% pre assembled.
- 3 year warranty on motor and 1 year frame warranty.
- 48inch long and 16inch wide running area.
- Comes with 12 pre set programs.
- Aux input and speakers are available.
- Easy to use treadmill with high HP motor.
- You can run or jog on it with top speeds of 14km per hour.
- 2 step manual incline is good for light users.
- The attachments like massager and twister are great. The massager will help you with soreness and relaxation.
- The resistance band and dumbbell that comes with it can be used for warming up.
- Installing the treadmill is easy.
- Treadmill has wheels and is foldable, so you can fold it up and move it around the house.
- There are 12 programs to use and the display shows distance, calorie, speed etc.
- Running area width and length is decent.
- Not hydraulic foldable design.
Buying Guide for treadmills under 40000 INR
Motor power: At 40k treadmills you will get at least 2hp/4 hp peak treadmills. Usually this motor will reach around 12-16km per hour top speed. This speed is enough for casual running and jogging at home.
Running Area: The running area is one of the most important parts of a treadmill. The thickness, traction and overall build quality matters a lot if you are going to run on it. Also the shock absorbers underneath are great to protect your knees from impact injury.
Also the width of the running area should also be considered, since it will help you understand if you can run on it based on your stride length.
Auto incline: auto incline allows you to set the incline level without using your hands manually. Meaning you can change the incline settings without stopping your workout. Usually a 15% incline level is very good. It will give you a chance to add progressive overload method to your running sessions.
Auto lubrication: Definitely you should spend the least time possible on maintaining the treadmill, since we are all too tangled up with our lives. Auto lubrication solves this maintenance treadmill part a lot. Auto lubrication helps your treadmill mechanism to stay smooth so you can use the running machine without any problem.
With the treadmills under 40k, you will get auto lubrication with most of the models.
Foldable: Foldable feature of treadmill is a handy one, especially for those who live in a small apartment. When not in use fold it up and store it away.Also helpful when making room for a party. When choosing foldable you may also look for Hydraulic Soft Drop system which will require just a button press to fold and unfold the treadmill.
Build Quality: A good build quality of the frame and motor should be considered when buying a costly treadmill. Usually you will get lifetime frame warranty since the treadmill frame is made from steel. The motor however gets a warranty for 1 year, in some rare cases 3 years. So chose the one with the most warranty/guarantee supported.
Service centers: Yes, we want our treadmills to last forever but it will however not. It will go down in future and if that happens you would want to repair it. And if there is a service center nearby then you have the best chance to do it. Always check with the company about the nearest treadmill service center location.
Are cheap treadmills worth it?
Cheap treadmills in India are usually manual treadmills which are not good for running. Also cheap treadmills poses several quality issues with motors (if any) and build. But for short term walking you can opt for cheap treadmills
Is it worth having a treadmill at home?
It is worth having a treadmill at home if you are into running and jogging. Or if your doctor has advised you to walk for 30 minutes a day. Since going outside for walking/running is not possible, having a treadmill at home makes sense.
Are treadmills bad for your knees?
Running on a manual treadmill is bad for your knees. On well cushioned motorized treadmill running is not bad. But long hours on the treadmill will work negatively against your knees as well.
How long should a treadmill last?
If the treadmill is properly being taken care of and there is no mishap then a treadmill from a known brand should last for 5-8 years.
Why you should not buy a treadmill?
If you are someone who does not likes to do monotonous activity everyday then treadmill is a bad choice. Sooner or later running on a treadmill becomes boring. And many just stop. But if you want to do HIIT training with treadmills and other movements then you can opt for a treadmill.
Why are treadmills so loud?
Treadmill has a lot of moving parts, especially the motor which runs continuously to move the belt. That makes most of the noises.
Do you need a mat under a treadmill?
A mat under the treadmill is a good thing to do. This way the weight of the treadmill does not do damage to the floor. And also does not slip on slippery floor materials.
Should I buy treadmill or go to the gym?
If your main goal is to lose weight then a treadmill might make more sense. But if you are into gaining mass or look more defined then going to gym and lifting heavy makes more sense.
Are treadmills a waste of time?
If you are trying to gain weight then the treadmill is a waste of time. Otherwise for weight loss, marathon training, increasing stamina then treadmill is a good option.
As of now I could not find a suitable powermax treadmill for this price range. And these are also the Best treadmill in India for home use. But these are from some of the best treadmill brands for home use.