If you are wondering what is the best time to do yoga for weight gain, then you have come to the right place. But is this different from the best time to do yoga for weight loss?
What is the best time to do yoga For Weight Gain anyway?
You should do yoga for weight gain in the morning or in the evening after 5pm. As per some research after 5pm up to 7pm, our bodies are very active and this is a good time to do workouts. And as for mornings, some yoga like Surya Namaskars are meant to do at early mornings only.
The best time to practice yoga is in the morning, according to many experts. People who practice yoga in the morning tend to have better concentration and are less stressed than people who practice at other times of the day. It is because the body and mind are both at their most relaxed and balanced in the morning.
This is also a good time to begin a new exercise routine. Exercise is known to increase blood flow and circulation, especially in the digestive tract. This, in turn, helps to cleanse the body of unwanted toxins and unwanted substances.
And once you are done with the weight gain yoga routines, you should eat some form of protein, carbs and fat. This will help your broken down muscles with materials to repair them.
Best Resistance Bands in India
Best time to do yoga in morning?
Early mornings like 5am-6am are best for doing yoga in the mornings. At that time the sun is not harsh and the weather is not hot like it is in most of the areas in India. For colder areas, doing early morning yoga is tough. I know you would not want to leave the warmth! But still do your warm ups and start. Health is wealth.
But I would not go outside in colder climates, this will not be great for those who have coughing issues.
Check : yoga to gain weight on face
Benefits of doing yoga in the morning?
Where do I start?
- It gets your day off to a calm and centred start. When you wake up, you will feel more rested and less harried. You will also wake up feeling much more mentally alert and ready to deal with the day. This is great for both work and play. Research has shown that adults who get six or more hours of sleep each night are almost three times more likely to make a serious error in judgment than adults who get eight hours of sleep or more. And morning yoga when you are not stressed about work or life is perfect for weight gain. Extra tension does not go hand in hand with weight gain.
- It gives your body a chance to gradually “warm up” and get ready for the day. Your body needs this “pre-warming up” or it can cause muscle stiffness and soreness later in the day. By doing yoga first thing in the morning, your body gets this “pre-warming up” without any of the negative effects of exercising at a later time.
Nevertheless, most people who do yoga in the morning do end up getting some sort of physical “warm up” before they begin their practice. This is important because it helps to prevent injury.
- It gives you a chance to plan out your day and get organized before you become overly-excited and begin to “race around” trying to get everything done. Many people find that by doing yoga first thing in the morning, it helps them to centre themselves and becomes more aware of what’s important in their lives. This, in turn, helps them make better decisions throughout the rest of their day. They are also less likely to make impulsive decisions which could have negative consequences.
- If you are done with yoga in the morning, then in the morning when your work day is over you can do some weight training as well. This will push you more towards healthy eating and gain weight as lean muscle.
Here are the Best Weight Gain Yoga Poses to do at home in India.
Why Are Some People Naturally Skinny? Should They Try to Gain Weight?
People who are naturally skinny have a different genetic code that helps keep them thin. The genes that increase the chances of being overweight are absent from healthy skinny individuals. Thin people have less genetic variations associated with being fat. Diet, environment, heredity, and metabolism are some of the factors that contribute to Obesity.
These people like me are known as ectomorph or so-called hard gainers in the bro language of the gym!
Why Should You Practice Yoga in The Morning Just After Waking Up?
You should do yoga for weight gain after waking up, but after eating something. No food and physical activity might result in muscle loss or fat gain in the long run. In India, you can simply eat some chickpeas and then start with yoga poses.
Yoga is a different type of exercise. It is all about the body, mind, and spirit. It’s not best to practice yoga on an empty stomach. Although for some, it gives you a sense of calm and peace. If you are trying to lose weight, I don’t recommend doing yoga on an empty stomach.
You tend to eat more when you are hungry. This can lead to weight gain (read fat gain) and slow down metabolism. If you have already eaten, you should do yoga after the meal. Most health experts agree that you should do all types of exercise after eating.
Why Should You Practice Yoga in The Evening Before Bed?
It’s not a good time to practice vigorously and burn calories in the evening. Eat dinner at least three hours before going to sleep. Your body needs time to process the food you ate. You want your metabolism to be efficient. You have to work harder to get rid of the excess calories when you eat a large meal three hours before bed. Your metabolism will be slowed a bit.
And this is also very bad for someone who has acidity issues. For me, If you do not have a gap of 2-3 hours in between sleeping and meal then I will burp like crazy.
So if you are to do yoga before bed, I suggest that you do it after you have your evening snack and have around 3 hours before sleep. Do evening yoga sessions, eat dinner and sleep. This will be the best possible way to do yoga for weight gain in the evenings.
The Disadvantages of Practising Yoga in The Morning for weight gain
- The morning might not be the best time to practice yoga if you feel tired. It is important to drink water before exercising. A glass of water before you start will help wake you up a little, give you a boost of energy, and help rid your body of toxins.
- If you have a day job, and you have to rush to the office, then you will have some adjustment problems with your morning workout routine. I used to wake up at 5am thrice a week to do workouts at my home gym. So you have to sacrifice some sleep. In my case, I used to sleep on the way to the office on the bus.
- For some making breakfast early in the morning is a pain but make sure you are well-fed before you start working out. Don’t go to morning yoga without food. Oatmeal with brown sugar and milk are high in complex carbohydrates and are high in protein. It will give you sustained energy and make you feel better. In this case you can prepare the meal at previous night, this will save some time, and you do not need to wake up early as well.
- If you do excessive workout and then have a low calorie, low nutrient filled breakfast then you might end up feeling tired for the rest of the day. This might hamper your daily office job and daily life. Your goal of yoga weight gain will go to vein for this.
The disadvantages are true when it comes to weight loss yoga as well.
In my experience, when doing yoga weight gain workouts in the morning, I have felt the lack of time and diet issues are more relevant. Then if you are working out in the evening.
The Many Benefits of Practicing Yoga in the Evening
In the evening, yoga is a great way to relax and sleep. It works on your body, mind, and spirit! My next suggestion is to exercise most days of the week. This will help keep your body in shape and will help you sleep better. You can walk on the beach for an hour. You can take a yoga class. For an hour, ride a bike. Callisthenics with weights. Run slowly up the hill. Alternatively, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Coffee, tea, chocolate, etc., should be reduced or eliminated. One day per week, from your diet. If you drink too close to sleep, it can interfere with your sleep. These tips will help you get a better night’s sleep. It is wonderful if you try them, and they work for you.
The Disadvantages of an Evening Yoga Practice
It’s better for a meditative practice in the evening. Do it slowly and naturally. Don’t put your body in uncomfortable positions.
Generally, the more strenuous workout you do, it might collide with your dinner if you are working out that late. Otherwise, you will have a deep sleep.
How to do yoga to gain weight and muscles
I have discussed in detail the 6 Effective Yoga Poses To Gain Weight Fast and also note, there is not much of a way to do progressive overload while you want to do yoga for weight gain.
No progressive overload means no progressive steady way of gaining lean muscle.
But there are yoga like Surya Namaskar, Cobra pose, Chair pose which are good for weight gain doing yoga.
The regular practice of yoga asanas and pranayama will ensure optimum functioning of your metabolism. This means that you will digest better and the extra calories and nutrients will aid in weight gain. And with regular workouts, your hunger will increase as well.
And if you do pranayama then you will get a sense of well-being from regular practice of yoga asanas.
If You Want to Gain Weight, Here’s What You Should Do
-Consume more calories than you expend
-Consume mostly lean protein
-Consume plenty of vegetables and fruit
– Workout with progressive overload where you can increase the intensity as needed.
Here is some more info on the process of gaining weight
The process of gaining weight is a crucial part of the bulking cycle and is a very simple one.
What you do is you eat more calories than you burn, and you put on body fat. This will cause your body weight to go up and your body fat percentage to go down.
Eventually, your body will adjust to this new condition, and you will reach a “stable” weight. However, your body will still be trying to reach this new stable weight, and it will do so by holding on to extra body fat. This is where lean muscle mass comes in handy. Lean muscle mass helps your body retain more body fat because it takes up less room.
In fact, one pound of muscle tissue occupies about 3-pounds of body fat.
So basically, what happens is your body will use any available source of energy to hold on to if it needs to, and it will use your muscle tissue to help it do so.
This process of gaining weight is very important and should not be overlooked. It is very common for people who are trying to bulk up to skip this step, but this is a big mistake. If you skip this step you will have a very hard time losing the excess fat you have gained, and you may even gain it back!
On the other hand, if you do the process of gaining weight correctly it will make it much easier for you to stay lean and muscular as you continue to bulk up.
Can I increase my weight by yoga?
Yes, by doing yoga and following a healthy diet, you can increase your weight. Yoga is an activity that utilizes the human body’s physical movements to achieve bodily goals. The goal of yoga is to help people achieve a deeper sense of self, and increase their physical and mental well-being.
How much weight can a woman gain in a week?
The amount of weight a woman can gain in a week depends on her diet, exercise levels, and overall health. A healthy woman generally gains no more than 0.5 lbs. each week.
What are the best workout to gain weight?
The best workout to gain weight is one that includes less cardio, more strength training, and nutrition. These three components are essential for building muscle mass and burning fat.
Yoga is an amazing exercise that helps you achieve a lean and toned body. However, you have to practice it for a long period of time to get the desired result. That’s why most people quit after the first couple of weeks.
But, if you are determined to make it work, you should start practising it whenever you can. That’s because the best time to do yoga for weight gain is early in the morning. That’s when your body produces less cortisol (a stress hormone) and you have more “energy” to burn off during your workout.
There’s no “best” time to do yoga for weight loss. It depends on your personal goals. Some people like to do it right after they wake up, because then they have the whole day to focus on their workout. Others prefer to do it in the evening, because it’s a nice, relaxing end to their day.
Whatever works best for you is the best time to do it. What are your thoughts on doing yoga for weight loss? Do you have any questions? Please share your thoughts in the comments’ section below.