Don’t be afraid. Protein powders, namely whey, should not have any naturally occurring side effects any. It is very unlikely that you will get any side effects from any health supplement brand in India.
In my quest to find the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India, I’ve found Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard, Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Powder, and Muscle Pharm Combat Powder to be of no side effects. However, it’s essential to be aware that excessive protein intake, combined with a sedentary lifestyle, may affect liver and kidney functions negatively.
To stay on the safe side, it’s recommended to introduce variety in your protein sources and consider supplements with digestive enzymes if you have stomach concerns. These guidelines, based on safety and effectiveness, will help you make an informed choice for your fitness goals.
But many do face weird skin issues, bloating, stomach problems by consuming protein. This 2021 study confirms that excessive protein consumption for a long time, along with a sedentary lifestyle, might result in unfavourable effects on liver and kidney functions.
So I would suggest taking some breaks in between protein supplementation and vary the source of protein from time to time.
3 months of whey, 1 month of soy protein may be?
I have personally consumed various types of protein powder in India and I can confidently recommend you the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India.
And those with bad digestion, always go for those proteins which contains digestive enzymes. I am using this.
PS: I am a skinny dude 🙁
See my buying guide for no side effect protein powders.
8 best protein supplement in India without side effect
|Bet protein Supplement without side effects
|Approx Price Per scoop
|Muscle Pharm Combat Powder
|Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Powder
|Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder
|Abbzorb Nutrition Raw+ Whey Isolate 90%
|Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard
|Advance MuscleMass Whey Isolate with Enzyme Blend
|NAKPRO PLATINUM 100% Whey Protein Isolate
|AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein
The top whey protein supplements like Dymatize, ON have almost no records of side effects.
ON, Dymatize, Musclepharm, myprotein, abzorb nutrition are the best protein supplements in India without side effects.
These are also good as the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India.
For best results and absolute no chances of side effects, pick whey isolates.
I have personally eaten these and even never faced bloating or acidity.
These proteins are always high quality with good mixability.
To stay on the safe side, always choose the big brands and try smaller sachets. This way you can check for allergic reactions and side effects.
If the protein suits you, then you buy the bigger pack and save money.
[Review] best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India
Muscle Pharm Combat Powder Advanced Time Release Protein
Muscle Pharm Combat Powder is a blend of protein which is widely used by many athletes.
Well researched and well tested protein which is being used all over the world. So no chance of getting any side effects.
- 25 gram protein per 33 gram scoop.
- Protein contains whey hydrolysate, whey isolate, whey concentrate, casein and egg albumin
- Well researched protein blend of 5 different type of protein
- 5 gram BCAA
- No gluten
- No banned substances
- 130 kcal per serving
- Not a vegetarian product
- Cost per scoop for now: 72 INR
- Well researched protein blend that can be taken anytime of the day.
- This protein blend is made for athletes and ensures lean muscle growth and muscle recovery.
- Contains 5 great protein sources. That ranges from fast digesting protein to slow digestive proteins. This makes sure that your body keep getting the proteins.
- Can help with field performance, lean muscle and strength.
- Cost of protein does not improve much, even if you buy the 10lbs/5 kg pack.
- Contains eggs and whey concentrate, so can be allergic to some
Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Powder
Dymatize whey proteins are vegetarian products and also well known among athletes and bodybuilders.
- 25 gram protein per 36 grams scoop
- Full range of BCAA 5.5 gram and glutamine
- A blend of whey protein isolate, concentrate, hydrolyzed whey.
- 0 added sugar
- NO gluten
- Available in many rich flavours
- Cost of per scoop of protein 83 INR
- Fast absorbing protein, you might want to try after workout to speed up recovery and keep away DOMS.
- Available in a variety of flavours.
- A well known protein supplement in the fitness industry.
- No side effects known.
- Might not be good for lactose intolerant people.
Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder
Himalay quista pro is a vegetarian protein powder with goodness of herbs.
- Per scoop of protein costs around 58 INR
- A blend of whey concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate
- Contains taurine, vitamins, ashwagandha, hadjod, dadima
- 22 gram of protein per 34 gram scoop.
- 5 gram BCAA
- 10 gram EAA
- Whey peptide as digestive enzyme
- Can get the rejuvenating properties of ashwagandha.
- Mix of vitamins and other herbs may help with immunity and recovery.
- Protein blend is ideal for any time consumption.
- The protein blend will digest faster and will stay in the bloodstream for a long time.
- Few had acidity issues.
- You actually miss out protein per scoop due to the herbs. Whereas you can buy herbs separately if you want some. Same goes for vitamins, you can simply buy separately. Probably you do not need vitamins as well.
Abbzorb Nutrition Raw+ Whey Isolate 90%
Since it is an isolate protein, you get higher protein per scoop and no lactose issues.
Also this protein is well tested in third party labs by several people.
- 29.7 grams protein per 33 gram scoop.
- 7.48 grams BCAA
- 4.01 grams glutamine
- Cost per scoop is 57 INR.
- No sugar
- Contains digestive enzyme
- Since I am personally using this I can tell there are no side effects, bloating etc.
- Can be used anytime of the day.
- Good for a post workout shake.
- Provides a large amount of protein per scoop.
- Low cost per scoop.
- Have good third party lab test results.
- It would be good if there were any refill packs available.
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard
ON is known for the results, flavours and mixability. Although pricey but it is one of the best you can get.
- 24 gram protein per scoop of 30.4 gram
- 4 gram glutamine
- 5.5 gram BCAA
- A blend of whey concentrate, isolate and enzyme
- No Gluten
- Cost per scoop is 82 INR.
- Fast digestion protein, ideal for post workout shake.
- Good for muscle gain and recovery.
- Easy to mix.
- Good flavours.
- Well known in the fitness industry.
High chance of getting duplicate product so check the code carefully.
Advance MuscleMass Whey Isolate with Enzyme Blend
Advance Musclemass Whey isolate is a new protein maker in the market and so far does not have any side effects.
- 25 gram protein per 30 gram scoop
- 5.36 gram BCAA
- 4 gram glutamine
- Cost per scoop 57.5 INR
- Blend of whey isolate protein only
- NO sugar
- Zero cholesterol
- Gluten free
- Contains digestive enzymes
- Low cost protein blend that can be taken any time of the day.
- Contains good quantities of BCAA and glutamine which will help with muscle growth and recovery.
- Contains no additional ingredients or chemicals.
- Veg product.
- Digestive enzymes will help your gut health.
One or two people have issues with the liver though.
NAKPRO PLATINUM 100% Whey Protein Isolate
This is one of the cheapest whey protein isolate in India.
And along side with many flavours it has been lab tested by many youtubers also.
- 30.4 grams of protein per scoop of 33 gram
- Cost per scoop 41 INR
- Contains naturally occurring 6.9 BCAA
- 5.3 gram glutamine
- 14.3 gram EAA
- No flavour
- No color
- NO chemical
- This is an unflavoured version with no color, flavour thus it provides the highest number of protein per scoop.
- Since it is unflavoured you can mix it with any food you want to.
- High amount of protein per scoop which will help you with reaching your daily protein intake.
- Also available in many flavours.
- Great for post workout shakes.’
- Great for muscle building, strength and recovery.
- No allergen in the blend.
Since there are no digestive enzymes, it may cause bloating and gas for some.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate 90%
As-It-is probably the first Indian brand that started selling unflavoured whey proteins.
And soon this brand got real popular.
- Whey isolate blend only.
- 27 gram protein per 30 gram scoop.
- 5.93 gram BCAA
- 4.54 gram glutamic acid
- Cost per scoop is 43 INR
- NO sugar
- No fat
- No gluten
- No preservatives
- As the name suggests, the protein is not adulterated at all. What you see at the label is what you get.
- Get a high amount of protein per scoop which will help you reach your daily goals.
- Good for athletes, bodybuilders and strength gain.
- No kind of other chemical is present.
- Since it has no flavour you can mix it up with many food items.
Digestion can be an issue since it is kind of raw whey isolate. It does not have any enzymes.
Buying Guide best protein supplement in India without side effect
Although in my experience, it is rare to find protein supplements in India without side effects. Unless you are buying from a shady brand.
But nonetheless, there should not be any problem if you stick to the basics of finding the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India.
Reviews: Since you are concerned about side effects, you should check the reviews first. Search with side effects in the reviews to quickly find out if anyone has any issues with the protein supplement.
Since we all have different body types, we respond to protein shakes differently. So you should read the review and if you see side effects, allergic reactions then you should look for alternatives.
Or try a smaller portion.
Buy Small Pack: Although not common in India, but many protein makers do provide sample packs of protein powder in small quantities. In that way, you can eat it and check if you are developing bad symptoms.
This way you will save money if you unfortunately develop some side effects.
Ingredients: Red the label of protein powder that you want to buy. Many protein powders contain unnecessary sugar, maltodextrin which is not good for your body.
You should consider the protein powders which do not contain any banned substances, unnecessary fillers and unnecessary flavour items.
Price Per Scoop: Divide the cost of the protein pack by the total serving. And you will get the true cost of the protein.
Why do this?
Because many protein packs are small in size yet costly. And many protein packs have unusually large scoop size.
If you judge only by the total cost then you will probably lose money.
Protein Type: Consider what protein is ideal for you. If you are a vegan, then plant proteins are ideal for you. If you can not digest milk, then whey concentrate is not for you.
In general, whey isolate is the overall best protein, but it is costly.
And there is also casein protein which comes from milk and is suitable for nighttime usages.
Requirement: If you are after building large muscles, get strong or improve athletic performances then whey protein variants are the way to go.
If you are vegan then you have to go for pea and brown rice protein blend.
Although not as good as whey but still it would work.
Brand: Good brands do not mix unnecessary flavours or chemicals in their products.
And there are also many brands which are regularly being used by athletes. If you want, then you can buy these.
Those will be somewhat costly but still it would work.
Digestive Enzymes: Digestive Enzymes are the main reason that weak stomach people like us get bloating. I always pick protein powders with enzymes, so I do not get sick! 🙁
The Last Rep!
when it comes to finding the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects in India, there’s a lot to be positive about. Protein powders, particularly those containing whey, are generally considered safe and are unlikely to cause any naturally occurring side effects.
The top picks for protein supplements are carefully selected based on factors like price per scoop, protein quality, and brand effectiveness. For individuals with digestive issues, there are protein options available that contain digestive enzymes, ensuring a smoother experience.
Moreover, renowned brands like Dymatize, ON, Musclepharm, myprotein, and abzorb nutrition have maintained an excellent track record of minimal side effects, making them the best choices for those seeking safe protein supplements.
However, it’s essential to be aware of potential pitfalls. Excessive, prolonged protein consumption coupled with a sedentary lifestyle can have adverse effects on liver and kidney functions. Some protein supplements may not be cost-effective, especially when you opt for larger packs.
Additionally, individuals with allergies or sensitivities should exercise caution, as certain protein powders contain ingredients like eggs and whey concentrate, which can lead to adverse reactions in some users. To make an informed choice, it’s crucial to read reviews and check for any potential side effects to ensure a smooth fitness journey.
Researched Data: Whey side effects