If you are a vegan then you must have searched heaven and hell to find the best vegan protein powder in India and here we present to you the best plant based protein powder in India.
But if you are not a vegan then you will do better with whey protein, that is vegetarian also.
Or you can also surely look into the best organic protein powder in India
Top 10 best plant protein powder in India
|FAST&UP Plant Protein||Best plant protein powder for athletes|
|bGREEN by MuscleBlaze 100% VEGAN Plant Protein Powder||Best plant-based protein powder for building muscle|
|Kapiva Vegan Protein – Chocolate||Best plant protein powder in India|
|OZiva Organic Plant Protein, 30g Protein||Best vegan protein powder bodybuilding|
|MyFitFuel Plant Pea Protein Isolate||Best pea protein powder in India|
|HealthyHey Organic Raw Pea & Brown Rice Protein Isolate||Best vegan protein powder for weight loss|
|Amway Nutrilite All Plant Protein||Best vegan protein powder for women|
|Boldfit Plant Protein Powder For Men & Women||Best vegan protein powder gluten free|
|100% Natural Origin Nutrition Vegan Protein Powder Vanilla||Best tasting vegan protein powder|
|HealthKart 100% Plant Protein||Contains added vitamins and Minerals|
Reviews of best plant based protein powder in India
In this plant protein powder reviews I have selected the best vegan protein powder in India. These are based on the protein content, average reviews and quality. All these best vegan protein in India are not so good in taste but do not buy the plant proteins for their taste anyway.
FAST&UP Plant Protein
(Best plant protein powder for athletes)
Fast&Up is known for their unique and quality sports related supplements for all over the world.
And this plant protein won’t disappoint you as well.
- 100% Vegan, no animal protein involved.
- A blend of pea protein, rice protein and coconut milk powder
- 34 gram protein per 45 gram scoop (75.5% protein)
- 5.8 gram BCAA
- Complete amino acid profile.
- 5.5 gram glutamine
- Comes with coconut and beetroot extract
- No sugar
- No banned substances
- The mix of pea protein and brown rice protein isolate is what makes the BCAA and glutamine of the same quantity as whey.
- High protein quantity per scoop which is 34 gram protein.
- Ghana chocolate flavour tastes really well.
- Beetroot might boost your energy.
- Available in small packs as well so you can check if the taste suits you.
- Scoop size is very large, you will run out of the protein very quickly.
- Need to use 500ml water to mix the one 45 gram scoop.
- Costly if you compare per scoop price.
bGREEN by MuscleBlaze 100% VEGAN Plant Protein Powder
(Best plant-based protein powder for building muscle)
Muscleblaze is a known brand when it comes to sports supplements, and now they have stepped in to provide ayurvedic and vegan based sports supplement as well.
Here is their best vegan protein in India.
- 100% Vegan blend of pea and brown rice protein
- 25 gram plant protein per 34 gram serving (73.5% Protein)
- 4.6 gram BCAA
- 9.8 gram EAA
- 4.63 gram glutamic acid
- Green tea extract
- No Soy
- 0 sugar
- No banned substances
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Plant based digestive enzymes included for faster absorption.
- Contains Green tea extract, Vitamin B12 which may help with recovery and energy levels.
- Antioxidant will also help with recovery and muscle damage.
- Less bloating.
- 73.5% protein per scoop which is quite good.
- Complete amino acid profile.
- Comes in well made flavours and shorter packs as well so you can carefully taste and check if the vegan blend suits you.
- Comes with a free Shaker.
- Protein quantity could be higher.
Kapiva Vegan Protein
(Best plant protein powder in India)
Kapiva makes ayurvedic products which are used for maintaining general health.
And this is a vegan protein aimed at bodybuilders.
Or even can be used for maintaining general health.
- 25 gram plant protein per 25 gram (70% protein per scoop)
- Pea and brown rice protein
- 4.97 gram BCAA
- 4.54 gram glutamine
- NO dairy, completely vegan
- Gluten Free
- Contains chicory roots
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Can be used daily before workout, after workout or as breakfast.
- Helps with gut health.
- Supports digestion.
- Almost 70% of protein which is good.
- A good mix of pea and brown rice protein which helps to get full range BCAA and glutamine.
- If you are hardcore about consuming protein then you might not like it because of the 70% protein content.
- You might also not like the added vitamin and minerals as it reduces protein content per scoop.
OZiva Organic Plant Protein, 30g Protein
(Best vegan protein powder bodybuilding)
OZiva plant protein is a blend of pea and brown rice protein isolates and provides 30 gram protein per scoop.
- 30 gram protein per scoop 36 gram (83% Protein)
- 5.2 gram BCAA
- 0 sugar
- No soy
- Gluten Free
- Really good amount of protein per scoop.
- Consume complete BCAA profile
- No gluten, soy or sugar so good for people with high allergen.
- Good blend of pea and brown protein.
- Contains natural fibers.
MyFitFuel Plant Pea Protein Isolate
(Best pea protein powder in India)
If you are after something of low cost then this pea protein is the way to go.
- 100% pea protein.
- 28 gram protein per 35.6 gram scoop (78% protein per scoop)
- 5 gram BCAA
- 4.7 gram glutamine
- 10.8 gram EAA
- No filler materials
- Comes with many flavours
- No Sugar
- No Lactose
- Pure pea protein at its best.
- Since it is not a mix of protein, cost is low.
- Good amount of protein per scoop.
- Come with a whole range of BCAA, EAA and glutamine.
- No Fillers or other allergens.
- Comes with many flavours.
Pea protein is not tasty. I have eaten 5 kgs of various brands. Trust me.
HealthyHey Organic Raw Pea & Brown Rice Protein Isolate
(Best vegan protein powder for weight loss)
Want to get 80% plant protein per scoop then this is for you! And the best blend of pea and rice protein blend will give you a complete BCAA profile.
- 80% protein per scoop, 10 gram serving (Which is really low if you want to build muscle)
- Contains potassium, calcium and fibers
- Contains full range of BCAA
- Can be used in drink, roti, smoothe etc.
- No lactose
- No Gluten, corn, sucrose, dextrose, egg or peanut
- No Sugar
- No soy
- No artificial color
- Use another protein scoop of 25-30 gram for muscle building.
- NO possible allergen
- Contains natural fibers
- Can be mixed with almost any food.
- Can be used for recovery or muscle building.
- Can be used by the whole family.
- Since there is no flavour added, the taste is pretty bland. So you have to mix other flavours to the drink.
- You might need to use a lot of water to drink it.
Amway Nutrilite All Plant Protein
(Best vegan protein powder for women)
Amway creates good proteins with a balanced blend of ingredients which are all herbal.
- Can be used as a drink and can be used on other foods as well. Be mindful of the flavour though.
- Provides 10 gram protein per 12.5 gram scoop (83% protein per scoop)
- Contains Soy, Wheat, Pea
- Provides whole range of BCAA
- 2.1 gram glutamic acid per scoop
- No dairy
- Amway all plant protein powder benefits and side effects
- Great for women, since it has soy it might help with regulating female hormones better.
- Almost 83% protein but the provided scoop is small if you want to use it for bodybuilding or athletics.
- Great for working professionals and for general usages.
- Provides enough BCAA and glutamine.
- Good for lactose intolerant people.
- Good for vegans.
- Contains soy so men may not like it.
- Many reports of packages being open upon receiving.
Boldfit Plant Protein Powder For Men & Women
(Best vegan protein powder gluten free)
This boldfit vegan protein has a good mix of pea and brown rice protein mix in it.
And it also has turmeric, pink salt, papain, piperine and bromelain.
- 25 gram protein per scoop of 33 gram (75% protein per scoop)
- Contains 5 superfoods like turmeric, pink salt, papain, piperine and bromelain.
- No gluten
- No Soy
- No sugar
- Can be used as breakfast, after workout.
- The superfoods might help with providing additional anti oxidants.
- Good for to be used by vegans.
- Contains no allergens.
- You get less protein per scoop due to the superfoods inclusion.
- Label does not provide full BCAA information.
100% Natural Origin Nutrition Vegan Protein Powder Vanilla
(Best tasting vegan protein powder)
This protein blend is made with European golden pea protein and pumpkin seeds protein. This is available in vanilla flavour.
- 30 gram protein per 39 gram scoop (76% protein per scoop)
- 5 gram BCAA per serving
- No gluten
- No soy
- No sugar or preservatives
- Contains enzymes
- Contains good quality peas and pumpkin seeds protein.
- Can be used for muscle gain or for daily protein intake.
- Contains so many ingredients that can cause allergies.
- Contain some enzymes which will reduce the bloating or other digestion issues.
- Comes in unique flavours like strawberry.
Available in small packages only and the price is quite steep.
HealthKart 100% Plant Protein
(Contains added vitamins and Minerals)
Helathkart plant protein is based on pea, wheat and rice protein. And it has lots of added vitamins and minerals also.
- 7.50 gram of protein per serving of 15 gram (50% protein)
- Contains BCAA
- Vitamins and minerals are added
- Versatile plant protein sources
- You might not need separate mineral or vitamin tabs.
- Flavour is good.
- Can get a full range of BCAA for recovery or muscle growth.
- Rich in fiber so it might help with digestion.
Since it provides only 50% protein, you will not get much results with bodybuilding or muscle gain.
Buying Guide – Best vegan protein powder in India
Pro Tip: Do not buy for taste. Even if you try to select the best plant based protein in India it will not taste great. Rather check the following items before buying the vegan protein blend.
Protein content: I always look for high protein content per scoop. And whey concentrate usually gives 80% protein and whey isolate gives 90% protein. But vegan proteins do not give that much per scoop. Usually you will get around 80% protein. And if the scoop is around 30 grams, you will get around 24 gram plant protein powder per scoop.
Flavour: I have eaten pea protein powder a lot and that too unflavoured. I would ask you to stay away from the unflavoured unless you have less taste buds on your tongue.
Jokes apart, unflavoured protein taste is not suitable for all. And you can go for chocolate flavoured vegan protein but naturally you will get less protein per scoop.
Protein Type: Most plant protein powder has pea protein as a base. Since pea protein has the most BCAA in it. But the top tier plant protein powder has a blend of rice, pea, hemp etc.
BCAA profile: No plant protein powder has a complete BCAA profile or has them in very low quantities. But as a buyer you should always check the nutrition labels to check how much BCAA they have. And if you are not vegan then feel welcome to eat whey as well.
A balanced BCAA profile will help you to recover and build muscles faster.
Fiber: since these vegan protein powders are plant made, they all have fibers. Fibers are good for digestion system and bowel movements. Usually you will get 2-4 grams of fiber per scoop. Over than that and you should look for some other brand.
More fiber also means less protein per scoop.
Certifications: FSSAI, Non GMO and relevant certifications are a sign that the brand has taken care of their plant protein powder.
Ingredients: Check the ingredient label for substances like Maltodextrin or other unnecessary fillers. These are harmful if taken for a longer duration of time.
And men generally should not use a vegan protein blend where the most of the protein comes from soy. For women it does not matter much.
Soy might increase female hormones in male bodies, so men watch out.
And generally top sources of plant based protein are these –
- Pea Protein
- Sacha Inchi
- Sunflower Seed
- Pumpkin Seed
- Hemp Protein
- Brown Rice Protein
- Yellow Pea Protein
Price: I first ate plant protein powder as the cost was lower than whey. But later I switched to whey anyway. Always check the price of protein as per scoop basis. Just divide the total protein pack price by the number of scoop.
Lower is better.
Plant protein powder benefits
Low calorie: usually plant based proteins are low in calorie, if you do not want to bulk or want to consume low caloric foods then the pea protein powder in India or the other plant proteins are a good option.
Healthy Fibers: All vegan proteins are a source of healthy fibers. You can expect around 2 grams of fibers per scoop. Although fibers are good for bowel movement, I am not sure if you would spend money on it.
Fiber in scoop also means there will be less protein per scoop.
No allergy: Many people might have various types of allergies and one common is allergy from lactose. For that you can not consume whey concentrate protein. And whey isolate is lactose free but is very costly.
In that case you might opt for the best plant protein in India.
Weight management: Due to being low in calories and since it will make you feel fuller for a longer period of time, you will be able to keep hunger away. And this might help with weight management as well.
Plant protein powder side effects
Taste: Personally I do not like unflavoured plant proteins, the taste is not worth it. I usually drink whey isolates unflavoured and that tastes good to me. But not plant protein, especially pea protein.
Digestion: Plant protein may cause bloating, gas or upset stomach or more. Although it will vary from person to person but it may happen. Chances are high.
Plant Protein vs Whey protein
When it comes to whey vs plant protein, whey protein always wins. But if you are a vegan then you also do not consume whey so the next best thing is plant protein for you.
Even if you do not do any bodybuilding stuff then these plant proteins are a must for you to complete daily protein intake.
If you are not a vegan then you should always pick whey protein.
Can plant protein be taken with milk?
Yes, all plant proteins can be taken with milk. And you can also mix it up with water also. And as per my taste, I did not liked the unflavoured pea protein with milk. It did not mix well.
But flavoured plant proteins are good to go with milk.
Can plant protein replace animal protein?
Yes eat can, eating protein does not mean that it would have to come from animals. But for plant proteins, pick the blends that offer a whole range of amino acids.
Can plant based protein powder cause diarrhea?
Large doses of pea protein might cause diarrhea due to the high fiber it has. But it is very unlikely to cause the same from 1-2 scoops.
For some plant based protein powder might also cause some bloating.
Do plant based protein powders work?
Plant based protein powders or vegan protein powders works very well. But not as per the levels of whey protein. Plant based proteins are slow to digest but nonetheless works for meeting daily protein intake and athletic performance as well.
Will plant based protein make you gain weight
No, only vegan protein powders will not make you gain weight. If your overall diet is of high calorie or if you are consuming a lot of natural food. Then naturally you will gain weight.
Plant based protein can not make you fat.
Will plant based protein help me lose weight?
While plant based vegan proteins are of low calorie and no 1 choice for weight loss. But consuming these protein will not make you lose weight. Good calorie deficit diet and workouts will.
How to make plant based protein powder taste better?
Make rooti with it or use it in other food items. That will make the plant based protein powders tasty.
Does vegan protein powder have bcaa?
Yes, all vegan protein powders contain bcaa but not as per of meat or milk based protein powders.