The best mountain bikes in India under 20000 are a good buy if you are buying online. But while offline you can get rid of the hassle of assembling and get a test ride as well.
But one advantage of buying the best mtb cycles in India under 20000 gives discounts.
Check our tiny buying guide!
Best mountain bikes in India under 20000
- Firefox Bikes Nexus-D, 27.5T Mountain Cycle
- Firefox Maximus 29D MTB cycles in India
- 29 INCH Mountain Bicycle CRADIAC-Fully Fitted
- Firefox Bikes Cyclone-24T MTB
- GOAL Cycle MTB PRO-Series 29 Inch 21 Speed
- LightSpeed Glyd MTB with Aluminium Frame
- Vaux X Mount 27.5T Adult MTB with 18″ Alloy Frame
- Firefox Bikes Grunge-D, 27.5T Mountain Cycle
- Geekay Hashtag mountain bike India
Other Great choices of Best mtb cycles in India under 20000
Here are some cycle models that are not available on popular online stores but I have heard good things about it.
And I also personally like these MTB and they are from reputed brands.
Mid range trail MTB with 21 speed gear. This will help with riding uphill fast. Also it has dual disc brakes as a safety feature.
Montra Trance Hybrid Cycle
Costlier model than the Roadeo A50 but has only rear disc brakes. But it has great tires for commuting fast.
Montra Rock 1.0 27.5 MTB Cycle
This MTB bike has fat tires and has aluminium made frames. It is a multipurpose MTB bike.
Reviews of the Best mountain bikes in India under 20000
Firefox Bikes Nexus-D, 27.5T Mountain Cycle
Firefox bikes are on the top when it comes to MTB or road bikes. And although not many models are available on amazon, this one fits most of our budgets.
- Dual disc brakes (Jak 7)
- 27.5T wheel size
- 17 inches frame size (hardtail)
- Zoom suspension Fork
- Steel frame
- Crankset is of 40T steel and of 170mm
- Supported Rider height: 5.5 feet to 5.9 feet
- Comes with reflectors at both wheels
- Comes with 85% pre assembled. Comes with installation tools as well.
- Ideal height is from 5.5 feet so it will suit most of us.
- The steel frame is well made and is very durable.
- The dual alloy disc brakes provide good security and stopping power.
- Many accessories are available.
- Single speed gear so less time spent on maintenance.
- No gears so going uphill will be tough.
- Steel frame is sturdy but heavy.
Firefox Maximus 29D MTB
Firefox Maximus 29D MTB is a hardtail MTB suitable for versatile riding options. If you live in a city then you have to check the hardtail versions always.
- Aluminium alloy frame
- Kenda 29 inch tires
- Double alloy rims
- Suntour XCT hydraulic fork
- Tektro mechanical disk brakes
- Shifters: Shimano Altus EF500 3X8 S / Microshift TS39 3X8 S
- If you want one of the best mountain bikes from Firefox then this is it.
- Comes with very reliable and durable brakes, crankset, shifters, rim and wheels.
- Since it is a hardtail you can ride both offroad and on road.
- Really costly.
- Unless you live in mountain areas, hills and not planning on going on regular off road adventures you can skip this best mountain bike under 20k in India.
29 INCH Mountain Bicycle CRADIAC-Fully Fitted
This is a 29inch mountain cycle which comes fully fitted. This a capable MTB with stylish looks for versatile usages.
- 18 inch MTB Steel frame.
- Single Speed gear system.
- Dual disc brakes.
- 44 teeth crank set
- Double alloy rim
- Wide handlebar
- Comes as almost installed.
- 29 inch wheel size.
- Less time spent on fitting the cycle.
- Durable enough for long rides and some off road.
- Dual disc brakes will immediately stop you when used. Extra security is always better.
- Wide handlebars are also great for some people but some may not like it.
- Steel frame is strong and comes with good color combinations.
- 21 speed gear can be added to this bike, if you ever need it.
- Not for uhill rides.
- Not for frequent off-road rides.
Firefox Bikes Cyclone-24T MTB
Firefox Cyclone is another best MTB cycle under 20k in India. It comes with 2 color variants and similar features between two.
- This is a good option for people with short height or for children of age around 12 years.
- Min rider height 4 feet 6 inches, max rider height 5 feet 6 inches.
- The 24T size is suitable for teens.
- The frame is made from aluminium alloy thus it is lightweight.
- Hardtail MTB frame.
- V brakes
- Front suspension.
- Two reflectors at wheels.
- 21 speed gear
- Good for children with good height or for people with shorter height range.
- Comes with a lightweight frame so it can be easily handled.
- The hardtail MTB frame also makes this bike good for city rides.
- There is also a 21 speed gear option to go against bumpy roads or uphill.
- The front suspension and brakes work well enough.
- NO disc brakes at this price point.
GOAL Cycle MTB PRO-Series 29 Inch 21 Speed
GOAL Cycle MTB PRO-Series is a geared cycle that comes 85% assembled and packs a good quality.
- Carbon steel frame material
- 29inch wheel size.
- 21 speed gear
- Alloy rim
- Tires with good traction
- Tires are puncture resistant
- Dual disc brakes
- This MTB cycle in India comes with 85% assembled. So you can just attach the pedals and go.
- The 29 inch wheel size is suitable for taller people.
- 21 speed gear is also available and it will help with riding uphill and rough terrains.
- The alloy rims and tires are great. Tires are puncture resistance, a needed feature for Indian roads.
- Dual disc brakes are also given and these work great to stop the cycle quick.
Not much going on for this MTB in India.
LightSpeed Glyd MTB with Aluminium Frame
LightSpeed Glyd MTB comes with an aluminum frame so it is a lightweight frame for some off road and city rides.
- Comes 95% assembled
- Comes with 7 speed gears
- Dual disc brakes
- Aluminium frame which is rust free and lightweight
- Suitable for height from 5 feet 4 to 6 feet.
- Premium 13G spokes
- Double alloy rim wheels
- Can bear 120kgs if body weight.
- Comes almost assembled so you do not need to spend much time here.
- Aluminium alloy frame is lightweight and is easy to maneuver.
- The disc brakes are great addition to stop immediately to avoid any danger.
- The required height range is also great for Indian men.
Many do not like the gear system.
Vaux X Mount 27.5T Adult MTB with 18″ Alloy Frame
Here is an aluminum frame MTB bike for adults which provides good features at a cost.
- 27.5 wheel size
- Aluminium frame
- Mountain bar handle
- 85% assembled
- 21 speed gear
- Suitable for height from 5 feet 6 inches
- 21 speed gear system will help with riding uphill or rough roads.
- Comes almost assembled.
- Suitable for taller people.
- Lightweight frame is easy to handle.
- Versatile MTB bike for city rides.
So far there are very few users and the feedback is neutral.
Firefox Bikes Grunge-D, 27.5T Mountain Cycle
Firefox grunge is a 27.5T mountain cycle with disc brakes and it is made for adults.
- 27,5 T wheel size
- Frame size 17 inches
- Unisex model
- Spur suspension Fork
- Alloy disc brakes
- Steel hardtail frame
- Single speed gear
- Less hassle on maintenance since it is a single gear cycle
- Unisex model
- Suitable for people above 13 years
- Suspension fork is ok
- And the disc brakes are good too
- Hardtail steel frame which is durable.
- This steel frame is also versatile.
Geekay Hashtag mountain bike India
Geekay makes budget MTB styled road bikes with various wheel sizes.
- 27.5 and 29 inch frame size
- 17 inch frame
- Suitable for height from 5.7 feet to 6 feet
- 85% pre installed
- 150kg rider weight capacity
- Available in two wheel sizes.
- 150kg user weight supported.
- Comes with 85% pre installed
- Lightweight body.
- Good colors and pedals.
- Suitable for only city rides.
- No gear.
Mountain bike vs road bike
If you want to ride where the ground is uneven and mostly uphill then get the mountain bike. Here the road is a bad choice. But on flat surfaces like a streets, the road bike moves faster and is more versatile than a mountain bike.
Not much of a competition here.
Road bike vs mountain bike for exercise
Mountain bikes are heavy and usually being rode on uneven roads and uphill, it is more suitable for building muscle. And road bike being light and fast is more suited to cardio. Since you can speed up really quick with a road bike.
Road bike vs mountain bike speed
Road bikes will be faster if you ride them on streets. These bikes are meant to be used to go to places,and go faster saving time. Weather as the mountain bike is meant to ride off roads so it will not be as faster as a road bike.
Hybrid or mountain bike for child
A hybrid bike will be a best choice for a child. It will allow the child to paddle faster and have better control. I would go against buying a MTB for child. Mountain bikes are heavy and not ideal for all types of surface conditions. Where as the hybrid bikes are easy to ride, easy to control and are versatile.
Buying guide – Best mtb cycle India
MTB type: If you are a MTB geek then you would want to get the best mountain bike that suits your needs. And there are various types of mountain bikes. You can opt for a trail bike, cross country bike, fat tires, downhill bikes or all mountain bikes.
If you are in doubt then go talk to a professional and a trail bike is never a wrong choice.
Frame Size: The frame size have to be the right size otherwise the handle size, distance to the ground will feel off.
You can judge it more by doing a test drive first.
Frame Material: Frame material of a MTB decided the weight, strength, overall quality and price. Usually you will get aluminium alloy build mountain bikes and this is enough. But there are carbon fiber and titanium made mtb bike frames as well.
Carbon fiber frame material is the most common and second low cost frame item. Steel is the cheapest but heavy. And carbon fiber, titanium are lightweight but very costly.
Wheel Size: 27.5 in. (650b) is the most common choice and probably the best wheel size. But there are bigger wheel sizes and smaller wheel sizes as well.
The 24 inch is the smallest and often used in kid’s MTB bikes.
Weight: I would not recommend buying a steel frame as it will be heavier. But go for the common aluminium alloy which is not costly yet low weight. But if you want absolute low weight then go for a carbon fiber body.
Suspension: Full suspension is the better and costlier option but for the middle ground and budget saving you can get the hardtail suspensions. It is better than the rigid but not than the full suspension.
Gears: Gears are essential if you are going uphill and you will save a lot of energy. And riding at high speed and saving energy is a good combo.
Brakes: Disc brakes are the best option and another higher version is the hydraulic variations. And the most low cost option is the cable brakes but requires more maintenance as it is more prone to wear and tear.
Ref: MTB (Researched data)
Check all types of Exercise Cycle buying options and Reviews