10 Best kettlebell in India for your CrossFit workouts/Home use and Gym
Greetings from Russia, 🙂 Kettlebells were invented in Russia around the year 1885 and since then these have been around the gyms worldwide.
Kettlebells are one of the most versatile and useful piece of home gym equipment that you can have. I have recently started incorporating Kettlebells into my workout routines.
And the workouts have become more fun. Here are the top 10 best Kettlebells in India and this is what I use.
And most of the items in this list are made in India.
Check Our buying Guide here
List of Top 10 Best Kettlebells in India
When selecting the top best Kettlebells I have completely discarded the iron sand filled molded plastic versions. Those are not durable but tend to be cheaper.
I would suggest you to buy the best Kettlebell which are generally made of solid steel or iron. You can go for the adjustable Kettlebells in India which helps with saving floor space. There are some anti burst options also, but not applicable with cast iron solid Kettlebells.
What weight kettlebell is best?
Ideally you should start with low weight fitness equipment and if you like it then you should have different weight kettlebell as well.
This helps with buying high quality product over a long time and add progressive overload with the workouts as well.
Reviews of Top 10 Best kettlebell in India
SF Healthtech Cast Iron Kettlebells 2.0
This is what I use now!
SF Healthtech 2.0 Kettlebells are known for their solid dense cast iron built quality.
The powder coated Kettlebells are great for your gym or for home use that comes from a fitness equipment manufacturer in India.
- Solid build quality.
- Weight ranges from 4 kg to 40 kgs.
- Each weight has a color code which is on the Kettlebell handle.
- Kettlebells are in traditional black powder coated color. With one side endraved with the weight in kgs and in pounds (lbs). And the other side has the SF health tech logo.
- There is no weld, the whole Kettlebell seems to be a single piece of iron.
- The handles are thick and wide.
- The base is wide and flat.
- +/-3% weight accuracy.
USI Competition Steel Kettlebell
This is a multicolor competition Kettlebell made out of steel.
This is costly but if money does not matter you would not be disappointed with the quality.
Coming from a leading fitness equipment manufacturer, you can not go wrong with this.
- Competition Kettlebell design.
- Steel made
- Multi color outside.
- Square type handle.
- Hollow design.
- Highly accurate weight.
Kakss Half Coating Neoprene Kettlebell
This is one of the best selling Kettlebell in India.
The weight range starts from 2kg and goes upto 40kgs.
- Half coated neoprene kettlebell.
- Multicolored outer layer as per weight
- Textured grip.
- Thick handle.
- Solid cast iron built.
- Neoprene under the Kettlebell might help save the floor.
Kobo Kettle Bell for Fitness and Training
Want large, multi colored Kettlebells then this is for your home gym.
- Comfortable handle and fully covered Kettlebell.
- This is a sand filled material, thus with weight increase the size increase exponentially.
- Good price for the weight.
- The base has 4 legs to support the Kettlebell.
- The legs at the base also do not let the Kettlebell move.
Durafit – Adjustable Kettlebell weight 40 Pounds
This is one of the best adjustable Kettlebells in India for the price. The price is on the higher side but if you are short on space and not low money then this should work.
- Adjustable weights up to 40 lbs.
- The weights stay alright even when you do clean and press, swings.
- There is a locking mechanism to keep the weights in the Kettlebell in place.
- Weight plates are of 5 pounds each.
- Kettlebell weight made with steel/chrome plated iron.
- The only handle can be used also for beginner workouts.
Cockatoo Metal Integrated Rubber Kettlebell
Cockatoo Kettlebell is an iron made Kettlebell with a rubber outer coating.
Unlike other, the rubber coating is thick and serves the purpose of saving the floor.
- Premium grade Kettlebell.
- Thick rubber coating coated cast iron kettle bell.
- Wide handle.
- Ideal for professional environment like gym as well.
Lifelong Neoprene Cast Iron Kettlebell
If you are after a rubber coated Kettlebell at lower price then Lifelong neoprene cast iron Kettlebell are a good option to choose from.
- Neoprene rubber covers all the Kettlebell except the handles.
- The handles are wide and thick enough.
- There is a rough textured layer on the handles, which makes the grip better,
- Available in a wide variety of weight ranges.
- Solid cast iron Kettlebell with no joint as it seems.
- Rubber and paint applied will protect from corrosion.
- Flat bottom prevents rolling on the floor.
AmazonBasics Vinyl Kettlebell
As far as vinyl coated Kettlebells go, the product quality is great.
Make your gym colorful and workouts fun with these Kettlebells!
- Textured handle.
- Available in variety of weight.
- Colors are great.
- Vinyl kettlebell with many color and weight options.
B Fit Competition Kettlebell – Professional Grade
A competition Kettlebell for professional or sports use or for high intensity interval training.
- High quality durable materials used.
- One of the affordable top best kettlebell for high intensity exercise.
- Heavy-duty sport fitness equipment made with high quality steel.
- Steel body comes with a high-temperature baking varnish to prevents corrosion and rusting.
- Designed to be comfortable during overhead movements.
JIMWALT Premium Half Coating Neoprene Kettlebell
Kettlebell come in various style but this Indian made is based on the classic style Kettlebells style.
- Available in a wide ranges of weight ranges! Almost 16kgs of weight.
- Cast iron Kettlebell covered with vinyl.
- Durable lead free neoprene rubber coating.
- Wide handle and smooth.
- Flat bottom.
- Kettlebell has a textured that helps with grip.
What should I look for when buying a kettlebell?
When buying Kettlebells you should look for these 3 qualities first. Build of the Kettlebell, Outer Layer and brand.
All Kettlebells are hunk of iron except those sand filled ones. Cast iron Kettlebells are the preferred way to go.
If ketellbells are made with durable material they will survive long after you do the variety of exercises. They should survive the test of time very well. Get Kettlebells with less welded joints as possible, those are of top quality. But good quality products will be costly as well.
Flat base Kettlebells are always preferred and unlike dumbbells they do not roll of the floor. All the high end and budget friendly kettlebell do come with a flat base.
Portable sand kettlebell: Apart from the cast iron Kettlebells you will come across sand filled portable models. These are not durable but works well if you are travelling to a beach. These also come in rubber like outer layer with iron sand filled.
These are cost-effective but not durable. The build quality is very weak and may not last long like the good quality versions.
Budget friendly kettlebell are generally filled with sand.
Adjustable Kettlebell: Best kettlebell weight is hard to get a fix on. You might require a lot of Kettlebells like with dumbbells. Thus, you can opt for adjustable Kettlebells where you can change the weight as needed.
Competition Model: The sports models are best in the market. These are available in a wide range of weights, but not in different size. These high end Kettlebells are all in same size and made with steel. The outer layer is usually vinyl coated and grip handle is square type. Fitness freaks generally get these over the cast iron models.
But for your home gym, you do not need these.
Competition vs Regular kettlebell
All competition Kettlebells are of the same size whereas regular kettlebell size changes as per the weight.
Competiton Kettlebells are made with steel whereas normal ones are made with iron.
Most competition Kettlebells have an outer layer of vinyl, and most regular Kettlebells come with color, powder coated, vinyl or rubberized material on the outside.
Competition Kettlebells have a square handle where our regular powder coated Kettlebells have a roundish handle.
There are not much difference apart from these except that Competition Kettlebells are more accurate to weight measurements.
Vinyl vs neoprene vs Powder coated?
Ps: Kettlebells usually made with iron. You will find sand filled kettlebells, but I am strongly against them.
Out of these three, the cast iron is the original and most preferred Kettlebell build. And most often that cast iron is colored coated or have powder coated. Powder coated Kettlebells are generally having a matte finish and less prone to corrosion.
If you are after cast iron models then you can go for colored version also. the paint job is not as good as the powder coated models, but comes at a low price.
Vinyl models are similarly priced like powder coated materials. And the main advantage of this is color codes and beauty. There are no advantages when it comes to usability with vinyl coated Kettlebells. These also do not protect the floor.
And with time, vinyl layer is more prone to crack.
But if you do not want dull black colored Kettlebells then this is the way to go.
Lastly, neoprene/rubber coated kettllebell, these are full covered Kettlebells except the handles. These help with corrosion and might protect the floor.
But if you see a significant price difference between regular cast iron powder coated kettllebells and these, then still go for the powder coated material always.
Good sports brand do not mix other materials under the vinyl wrap and offer accurate weight for their Kettlebells.
Best kettlebell brand in India
SF Healthtech and USI are top choice when it comes to kettlebell brand in India. I have items like slam balls from them and their CrossFit items are top-notch. The SF healthtech and USI are definitely the best kettlebell brands in india.
Most of the heavier Kettlebells occupying space is a problem for small gyms. You also have to have dumbells as well, along with other gym items.
So if you are not into doing regular CrossFit type workouts, them you might want to skip buying lots of Kettlebells.
Kettlebell weight India
What is the best kettlebell weights to buy?
Weight option varies from 2kg to 20kg or more. If you are a beginner then you should get around 4kgs of kettllebells and move up from there.
Remember these can not replace your hex dumbbells so watch what weight you buy.
There is no perfect weight and these gym equipments are available in variety of weight.
If you are going to do fast-paced movements like clean and press, then you should aim for something lightweight. For squat, go heavy.
Can you do workouts with these?
Do you know why are Kettlebells bad for you? Kettlebell requires some technique to work with, which you do not need with when you use dumbells. Dumbbells are fairly easy to work with than kettlebells.
Ideally, a 8kg kettellebell would cost you around 2k INR. If you are buying for personal use then I would suggest you to not buy competetion versions since for home regular cast iron kettlebells are best.
If you want to save money and do not care about money, then you might want to look for used Kettlebells for sale in India.
And this is how you choose the perfect Kettlebell for you. If you are not sure then just email me and I can help to buy best kettlebell for yourself.
Top 10 kettlebell exercises
I generally use Kettlebells to add variety into my workouts, but you can use as a dumbbell replacement as well.
- Kettlebell swings: These are the most common recommended kettlebell exercise that you should master first. This will train your glutes and hamstrings hard.
- Hand to Hand swing: This Kettlebell move is great to coordinate hand and eye movements and increase overall physical strength.
- Figure 8s: Figure8s are unique, and it will take some time and effort to master it. Otherwise, you might hit your own leg.
- Halos: Halos are a great workout for your shoulders. If you are looking for a less strenuous workout, then you should do halos. Since you have to hold your core throughout the workout, it also helps with your core strength as well.
- Kettlebell windmill: Do this workout with a very lightweight Kettlebells if you have injured shoulders. Other good full body workout to do.
- Turkish Get- up: This is a very easy looking core exercise that will strengthen your core muscles easily. With a kettlebell the grip is very wasy to hold.
- Deadlift/ Sumo Squat/Squat: This is great for home workout where you can replace your dumbbells to do dead. Squats and sumo squats. You can also do single leg squats/deadlifts as well.
- Clean and Press: This is a powerful exercise to train whole body and build explosive strength. You are just replacing dumbbells with Kettlebells.
- Farmer’s walk: This is a great exercise and a smooth curved kettleball handles makes this workout great instead of a dumbell.
- Bent Over Rows: This is just like your regular bent over rows, but you are replacing dumbbells with Kettlebells.
Core strength: If you want to do the variety of exercises for core strength then along with an exercise ball you should have a kettellebell. Kettlebell as a workout equipment allows you to perform variety of exercises.
Stability: Stability muscles should be top priority when it comes to athleticism and overall fitness for daily life. With a kettlebell swing, you can address a lot of stability and mobility exercises.
Overall strength training: Kettlebells are a value for money gym equipment when it comes to strength training. They come in different sizes, weights and can be adapted into various exercise, weight training routine. Also, these can be used for weight loss workout also.
Grip Strength: Kettlebells have a slightly larger grip, which helps with conditioning of the wrist and grip. This helps with added health benefit and gives a security over other heavy weight training as well. GHrip handle of competition Kettlebells are slightly larger it seems, so could be better for grip strength.
Explosive Exercises: High speed explosive trainings are done right with Kettlebells. These home workouts can get you ripped and stronger and faster at home easily. You might want to wear a gym glove as well to support your grip and avoid any mishaps.
All this with proper diet will result in a toned body, muscular endurance improvement, strength gain and fat loss.
One main disadvantages of Kettlebell training is that they can not replace your dumbbells. And if you like them, then you have to think about storage space and money as well.
Another side effect of using Kettlebell is the risk of having injury with fast-paced movements. But with careful movements it should be okay.
Kettlebell or Dumbells?
Is kettlebell better than dumbbell?
Not really, both have different usages. Kettlebell makes it easy to do certain exercise, and dumbbells are better for the rest.
Kettlebells have the weight directly down of your grip, whereas with dumbbells, the weight is balanced at two sides of your grip.
Kettlebells are good for grip strength also. And while dumbbell workouts can be done with Kettlebells but Kettlebell workouts are can not be easily done with dumbbells.
IN short, if you are a beginner, then stick with dumbbells. And if you are after progressive overload and want to build muscles, then dumbbells are better. But if you want athleticism with plyometrics workouts then you have to practice with Kettlebells.
What are the main types of Kettlebells available?
There are two main types of Kettlebells: the swing kettlebell and the snatch kettlebell. “Swing” Kettlebell: Used primarily for “full body” exercises, such as the kettlebell swing, and is also used for “lower body” exercises like squats.
“Snatch”: Used primarily for weightlifting, such as the jerk or clean and jerk. There are also another two types of Kettlebells one is competition model and another one is the regular cast iron. Competition style models are much costlier, and you can happily skip them if you do not have the budget or going to use in home only.
How much does kettlebell cost?
In India, Kettlebells cost from 600 INR to 6k or more INR to buy. The lower end Kettlebells are generally made with rubber coated iron sand material. Mid-range Kettlebells are generally made with cast iron Kettlebells with powder coated, pain, vinyl, neoprene rubber coated. Competition style Kettlebells are the higher priced items.
Which size should you range for?
You should buy Kettlebells with various sizes since speedy movements are done easier with smaller Kettlebells and big compound movements are gone great with heavier ones. Start with the smaller ones and work on getting bigger models slowly.
Why you should use Kettlebells?
One clear advantage of Kettlebells is that they fit perfectly when it comes to complex strength movements. Like hand-to-hand swing or hip swings. With dumbbells, it becomes a much tougher maneuver to do and potentially dangerous. But Kettlebells are perfect for this. So if you want to add CrossFit, athletic workouts then use Kettlebells.
Why are Kettlebells bad for you?
Kettlebell requires control over the exercise if you are doing dynamic movements. And it is hard to master those Kettlebell moves. So if you are not careful you might end up damaging the surrounding or yourself. But for static exercise like the split squats, I do not see any danger unless you drop them on the ground.
What is the best kettlebell weights to buy?
For quick movements like plyometrics, you should start with weights like 2-4 kgs. For heavy compound workouts, you should get around 8 kg at least. I have the 8 kg one, and it is great for overall usages.
Where can I buy Kettlebells in India?
You should buy them online as per requirement. You should be able to get good deals and offers to buy the Kettlebells cheap.
Are competition kettle bells better?
Kettlebell designed for sports have grips that allow them to absorb chalk better, which is also essential for high rep exercises. If you plan on doing high-rep sets in your workouts or doing a lot of concentrated technique work, a competition kettlebell is your best bet. And most of them are made with steel, with some coated materials.
Completion Kettlebells sizes also do not change with weight like the regular Kettlebells.
Can you get ripped with just Kettlebells?
Absolutely, you can get ripped with just Kettlebells. Kettlebells are being used in India for CrossFit and athletic movements. And these movements cost a lot of calories. And these calories with careful diet will reduce your fats and help you get ripped.