Why do we need the best glutamine supplement in India?
That is why we tend to get glutamine separately.
Apart from helping us reduce soreness, glutamine has several other benefits.
Glutamine also help improve whole digestive system improvement along with immunity improvement.
But do not overdose and you probably do not need too much glutamine anyway.
Glutamine is glutamine but still some brands can claim their supplement to be the best glutamine in India.
I personally prefer tablet form, like the NOW foods have. But powder glutamine has its perks too. It can be mixed with your protein shake.
List of the best glutamine supplement in India
- Fast&Up Glutamine Supplement
- Musclepharm Glutamine Mineral Supplement
- Optimum Nutrition (ON) Glutamine Powder
- Muscle Tech Platinum 100 Percent Glutamine Supplement
- Dymatize’s Glutamine Powder
- Myprotein L Glutamine Powder
- Now Foods L-Glutamine Capsules
- AS-IT-IS Nutrition L-Glutamine Powder
- MuscleBlaze L- Glutamine powder
- Jarrow Formulas, L-Glutamine Tablets
Check All Other Protein and Supplements Reviews
[Reviews] best glutamine in India
Fast&Up Glutamine Supplement
Fast&Up is a sport specific supplement company and they specialize in recovery drinks. Here is a glutamine supplement from Fast&Up with few good features.
Fast&Up recommends a dose of 5 gram which is also recommended by many other health professionals. I usually like sports supplements that have no additional sugar and flavours and Fast&Up delivers just that.
It has no artificial color or flavor added and the fine granules makes it easy to digest and make it into the bloodstream quickly.
Use one 5 gram scoop with 250 ml water and also increase your water intake.
- 100% Vegetarian
- Caffeine free
- No colors
- Ultra granular technology
- Trusted by athletes
- Vegetarian friendly product so anyone can use them.
- There are no caffeine and many also do not like to get a boost from caffeine which may become an addiction.
- The granules are easy to digest when taken with water or other liquid supplement or shakes.
- Fast&Up is a trusted brand by athletes and offers good products.
Musclepharm Glutamine Mineral Supplement
Musclepharm glutamine is also trusted by athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The pack comes with 300gram and 60 servings.
This glutamine powder supplement is also unflavoured and can be mixed with any other drink. For best results eat glutamine before or after workouts to support recovery, reduce DOMS and improve immunity.
- Unflavoured powdered form.
- No odor, no taste thus easily mixes with other drinks
- Musclepharm glutamine is trusted by athletes.
- Mixes well with other drinks.
- Will help with muscle tissue growth.
Mp glutamine has No cons.
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Glutamine Powder
Firstly ON is widely known as one of the most popular brands in the whole world. And like their whey protein this on glutamine price in India is slightly on the higher side as well.
And like many I also do not like the seal style.
Other than that rest is fine and this is also a 100% vegetarian product.
- Gluten FREE
- No Banned substance
- 30 and 60 servings available
- 100% Vegetarian product
- There is no added flavour thus it is great to use it any drink or protein shake.
- Have good mixability.
- Best form of glutamine
- Many receive old stock or have issues with product seal.
- And personally I think the price is on the higher side.
Muscle Tech Platinum 100 Percent Glutamine Supplement
MuscleTech Platinum Glutamine has clinically studied highest quality glutamine than their competitors as per them.
Otherwise this is also a pure glutamine powder with no flavor or other substances. Muscletech glutamine comes in a 300 gram jar of 60 servings. And they do recommend taking 2 scoops per day.
- Genuine product directly imported from the brand
- No flavour
- No banned substances
- No added chemicals
- Effectively reduces DOMS and speeds up the recovery process.
- Mixes well with any drink
- Globally recognized brand
- glutamine powder price is on the higher side.
- Although the protein is popular, the glutamine is not so popular.
Dymatize’s Glutamine Powder
Dymatize’s Glutamine Powder is one of the costliest glutamine powder in India and one of the best too.
If you are allergic to gluten then you are in good luck. The premium glutamine is gluten free and have no banned performance boosting chemicals.
- 100% vegetarian product
- Unflavoured and mixes well
- Gluten free
- Micronized glutamine mixes well with any drink.
- This has no separate taste so can be mixed with any flavoured drink.
- No worries about Gluten allergy and is 100% Vegetarian product.
- Not exactly a con but their typical serving is listed as 4.5 grams.
- High cost glutamine powder.
Myprotein L Glutamine Powder
I have used myprotein whey protein for the longest time and that was good. Their Glutamine is also good and these are known for their flavours. You name it and you will get the flavour.
If you are someone who would take glutamine as a stand alone drink then this is for you.
I am recommending the berry blast flavour glutamine, it is unique.
Myprotein recommends taking their glutamine with a 5 gram scoop three times a day. Morning, Pre or post workout and before going to bed.
- Available in many flavours
- Mixes easily with all other shakes
- Vegetarian product
- Flavours are good for those who like it, I personally like unflavoured ones.
- Works well for long term physical training programs.
- Available in 250, 500 and 1000 gram packages.
Costlier than some Indian brands.
Now Foods L-Glutamine Capsules
Personally I like taking glutamine and other supplements as tablets or capsules. And I like this Now foods glutamine capsules for that.
Each capsule gives about 500mg of glutamine and that is enough as one dose. They recommend taking 1-3 capsules throughout they day in between meals. This one capsule is kind of similar to a 5 gram scoop.
The bottle comes with 120 capsules and will last a long time.
And this is a vegetarian product with no banned substances at all.
- NPA A-rated GMP certification
- 120 capsules =120 doses
- 100% vegetarian product
- Easy to take.
- Have GMP certification
- Good for vegetarians.
- Contains little amount of rice flour and the gelatin shell of the capsule.
- Capsule shells need to be digested too, in case of powder it directly gets digested. Not a big time or effort difference.
AS-IT-IS Nutrition L-Glutamine Powder
AS-IT-IS quickly got popular with their budget yet good protein with lab test report.
Since this is a budget brand and is Indian the pack of 250 gram glutamine costs way less than any international or US brands.
And this also a lab test glutamine with no other chemicals at all. Comes with GMP standard badges also.
A 250 gram contains 30 servings and will last a month if taken once a day.
- No Flavour
- No additives
- No Preservatives
- No soy
- 100% vegetarian
- Banner substance free
- Great for budget bodybuilding due to the low cost.
- Mixes well with all flavour based drinks or just water.
- No other chemicals added and is 100% vegetarian product.
- Some say it has a bad smell.
- Some say it did not have any effect on them.
MuscleBlaze L- Glutamine Powder
Not a muscleblaze fan but as far as low cost workout supplements go Muscleblaze has a big share.
Their Glutamine powder in India is well received too. This comes as 250 gram jar which offers 50 servings of 5 gram each.
I am considering the unflavoured version since it can be easily mixed with any drink. And more or less it is mixable and completely tasteless.
- Can authenticate muscleblaze micronized glutamine via SMS
- No banned substances
- Great value for money pack for glutamine.
- No chemical, flavor, extra calories or banned substances
Not tasty if you buy the flavoured glutamine
Jarrow Formulas, L-Glutamine tablets
Jarrow formulas have a great glutamine dietary supplement which is in tablet form and delivers 100mg in one dose.
This is one of the most convenient way of taking L-glutamine quickly without any hassle of making protein shakes.
Since this is a tablet, there are some other ingredients.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable source), magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and a food grade coating.
This is negligible though since it is found in many tablets of various types.
- High dose quantity
- Comes in tablet form
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- People who have allergy with gluten and dairy can have it
- Very easy to take since it comes in tablet form
- Gives 1000mg of glutamine in one dose
- Pills are huge in size.
- Some reported that they had joint pain.
- Appears to be costly.
The glutamine rich Indian foods
And if you are not a vegetarian then eat fish, chicken and other meat items as you please and you will get the glutamine easily. If you are veg then you gave to rely on dairy and vegetables like Spinach. I would not stress over which food has what in high quantity and rather ear what is healthy.
Glutamine benefits and side effects
Glutamine has its benefits and is a known supplement for muscle building or bodybuilding. But there is a thing called too much glutamine and there are several allergic reaction or side effect that may happen.
Usually as per mayo clinic 30 grams per day is fine. But usually the recommended dose is 5 grams a scoop, 5-6 times a day. Take glutamine in moderation and do not prolong the supplement for a longer period of time.
Eat plenty of water as a precaution.
Top most benefit of glutamine would be how it helps with bodybuilding. It acts as an energy source for the muscle and other cells of the body. Glutamine might also help with recovery/repair and it is widely used after surgery, injuries to speed up recovery.
Glutamine also helps improve our digestive systems and immunity.
Glutamine benefits for skin
Glutamine might improve skin due its being an amino acid which helps with recovering our body cells. This helps with building up muscles so that your skin stays firm and does not sag.
Glutamine benefits for hair
Glutamine helps in creating other amino acids namely cysteine which helps with hair regrowth.
Glutamine benefits for athletes
Apart from muscle building which is a smaller part when you are an athlete, glutamine supplement helps an athlete by improving immunity, helps improve gut health. Also as you know glutamine is given when someone is going through stress and it helps them recover. Especially after an accident, surgery etc.
Since with prolonged strenuous activities glutamine storage in our body might get depleted thus an additional dose of glutamine helps.
Glutamine helps athletes who do intense workouts with stronger immune system. This enables athletes who do long distance marathons a better chance against cold, flue etc.
Glutamine benefits muscle building
Glutamine benefits for bodybuilding starts from improving immunity. Long workouts may give you cold and flu which the glutamine can prevent.
Glutamine as a non essential amino acid does not directly help muscle growth but it may reduce tiredness, soreness and help with the recovery process.
Then you can get into your workout routine without any pain and get stronger and muscular.
And over glutamine sachet I will prefer a mid-sized jar which will run for a month.
People who have kidney issues, silver diseases should not use Glutamine. Glutamine have no side effects for short term usages for most people. But these above mentioned people should not use it.
Below are the most common side effects of L-Glutamine –
Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas; or swelling in your hands or feet; muscle or joint pain, back pain; headache, dizziness, tired feeling; mild skin rash or itching; or dry mouth, runny nose, increased sweating.
These symptoms indicate side effect and may also indicate that you have allergies with Glutamine supplements.
Glutamine vs glutamic acid
Glutamic acid and glutamine are not the same thing. Nonetheless, it is a component that contributes to glutamine being what it is. Glutamic acid is an amino acid that is one of the free forms of glutamine found in protein building blocks. Glutamine is made from glutamic acid, which has been linked to a mineral ion. And you will see on the labels of whey protein powders they always label how much glutamic acid it has.
glutamine vs creatine
In terms of muscle mass retention and fatigue reduction, the research clearly favors creatine. If you are solely interested in the gut health advantages of Glutamine, then you might even have only whey protein supplements. And eating whey protein and creating together is safe.
Glutamine and bcaa together
Sometimes you will find body building supplements that contains
How to take glutamine powder
is glutamine necessary?
Glutamine as a stand alone supplement is not necessary for everyone at all. Most of us would great with creatine and whey protein anyway.