I know you are thinking why I am discussing the best electric bicycle in India?
Because these are convenient and will work great for long distance outdoor cycle training.
For example: You are going to cover 20km on a day with full speed that your legs can generate. But when you are coming back you will be so tired you have to stop to take rest.
If cycling is not your full time job then this above process is tiring and time consuming.
Thus an electric cycle can be a training partner and a great eco friendly option instead of a scooty or bike.
Top 5 best electric bicycle in India
Best electric bicycle in India [Editor’s pick]
Best electric bicycle in India under 30000
Best electric bicycle in India under 10000
Best foldable electric bicycle in India
Best range electric bicycle in India
Best electric hybrid bicycle in India
You can not find a full electric cycle under 10000, 5000 INR in India. And fat tire electric cycles are above 40k. I have skipped them here as well.
And if you do not need the best foldable electric bicycle in India then do not get them, those are not as durable like others.
And there is no best budget electric bicycle in India yet but if you have any old cycles at your home. Then you can buy a conversion kit and make your own electric cycle. This is the only way to get a cheap and best electric bicycle in India.
Is Cycling a Full body workout?
Reviews of the best electric bicycle in India
Geekay ecobike uni Electric Unisex Bicycle
This is my first and most preferred cycle on this list.
It can be used for outdoor workouts and can be used for regular use as well. It packs features like a basket, shimano gears and detachable battery and much more.
This makes it the best of both world choices with sporty features and usability.
Geekay ecobike uni Electric Unisex Bicycle is a unisex electric bicycle with carrier and a basket.
And the battery is also removable and there is also 7 speed fear.
This is why this is my personal choice when it comes to electric bicycles.
Yes, this is mostly designed for female since it looks like a traditional ladies cycle but this is a unisex cycle which will suit anyone.
- 36 volt 250 watt electric-motor
- Detachable battery
- 7.5 AH battery with mobile charging
- 40-50 km riding range
- 25km per hour top speed
- 7 speed shimano gears
- 12 magnet pedal assist
- Front suspension
- Dual disk brakes
- Anti skid 700c tires
- 1 year battery warranty
- 6 months motor warranty
- Comes 85% assembled.
- UNISEX design.
- Comes with all the accessories like basket, carrier, head light etc.
- LED display
- The motor is powerful enough to push speeds up to 25km per hour and with pedal assist the speed can be much higher as well.
- The battery charges within 2-3 hours and will give at lest 40km range. The battery is lithum ion made and is durable as it is placed in a box.
- You can remove the battery from the cycle and take it inside your room to charge it.
- The tires are anti skid and the addition of dual disk brakes and suspension makes rides safe and enjoyable.
- If you run out of batteries or want to cycle for weight loss then you can use the shimano gears.
- Riding uphill with pedal assist is fun and easy.
- Made for both male and female.
- Comes with all the attachments like basket, carrier, head light, tire cover etc.
- Most suitable for people with hight range from 5 feet to 5 feet 7 inches.
- Some parts are not well made and not durable in the long run.
Hero Lectro Clix 26T 7S Speed Electric Cycle
If you do not mind the concealed battery and want the assurance of a cycle company like HERO then this is the best model for you.
This electric bicycle also has a sporty look.
HERO has this patent technology about their cycle where the battery is sealed inside the frame. It offers great protection from weather and impact (if any).
But also you have to place your cycle near a charging plug to charge the battery.
- 95% assembled.
- Lightweight aluminium frame.
- 36v 250 watt brushless BLDC motor.
- IP67 certified 5.8AH li-ion battery
- Disk brakes on both front and back.
- LED display
- Adjustable seat
- Throttle grip
- 7 speed gear
- Top Speed can reach upto 25km per hour, it can go higher with pedalling.
- The battery can help you go almost 30km at single charge.
- The battery is well concealed and it is hard to tell that it is an electric cycle.
- The battery is IP67 certified and will not get any harm from rain harsh weather.
- Coes 95% assembled so you can do the rest by yourself.
- Gears work well and going uphill with the combination of motor and gears is easy.
- Battery is not removable easily and can not be replaced easily.
- Have to get the cycle closer to the electrical plug for charging.
Geekay 24 Volt 250 watt pmdc Cycle Conversion Motor kit
If you have a non gear, non disc brake cycle which you want to add some speed then get this kit.
With this you will be able to build an electric cycle under 10k.
Otherwise all the electric cycles cost more than 15000 INR and with only a 30k budget you will get a decent electric cycle.
Overall this is a good bike kit to get but you have to buy a lithium ion battery.
This is probably the best electric bicycle conversion kit in India and for now you will not find any electric bicycle in India under 10000 at all.
So if you have an old cycle then you can convert to an electric cycle using this kit.
- 24 volt 250 watt hub motor with copper winding.
- Li-ion battery compatible.
- Comes with all the needed parts to make it work. (throttle, brakes, chain, controls, mount plate etc)
- Assembling video is available.
- 8 magnet pedal sensors.
- Battery indicator, LED light.
- Do not need to replace your old cycle. But mind it, that this kit only works with non geared cycles.
- Suitable for old cycles with no disc brakes.
- Transform your cycle into a motorized cycle for better connectivity.
- Can be used for long rides in purpose of weight loss.
- Magnetic pedal assist.
- This kit can be used with any battery capacity.
- Does not come with a battery.
- Can only work on cycles with no gear and disk brakes.
- Might have to do it yourself.
ONN Carbon Foldable Electric Bicycle
If you are looking to get a foldable electric cycle that you can easily carry everywhere you go then get this.
Otherwise this electric cycle is costly and there are other great variants available at this price point.
Very good to commute within a city, even using trains, bus etc.
I am not much fond of foldable electric bicycles but you might be. And there is a reason.
For example you can just fold the bike and carry it on a train or metro.
Get down on your station and continue again on your electric cycle.
Thus saving money on transport even if you are covering long routes.
- Foldable electric bike.
- 50km range – 65 km on pedal assist
- 10.4 AH battery
- 48V 250 watt motor
- Highest speed can go upto 25km per hour
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Aluminum lightweight frame
- 7 speed shimano turnkey gears
- 26 inch frame
- Can carry it on boats, train etc and continue journey wherever possible.
- Runs great on pedal assist, can cover 65 km per charge.
- Battery is fast charge capable with the given cable.
- Highest speed of 25km per hour is enough for city rides.
- 7 speed gears can help you riding uphills easier and will also help with achieving much faster speed with motor power.
- Disc brakes are great and will stop the cycle immediately.
- Not durable as non foldable electric cycles.
E-Trio Ashva E-Bike (80KM Range)
If you really need the long travel time then you can consider this electric cycle.
Otherwise it will be hard to sit on a cycle for that long 80km.
But anyways having a large battery helps when on the street and you do not have to charge the battery everyday if you are not traveling far away everyday.
80km per charge makes this the Best range electric bicycle in India.
The huge 18AH battery and capable motor in this cycle makes it possible.
- Huge 18 AH Li-ion battery
- Detachable battery
- 26 inch wheels
- Front suspension
- Disc brakes
- Digital meter
- 80km range
- 25km per hour speed
- Comes with mudguard, bell, carrier, headlight etc.
- This electric mountain bike has one of the large Li-ion battery will keep you going for a long time on the road. The stated rate is 80km per charge,which I have not tested personally.
- Comes with all the required accessories.
- 25km per hour speed is adequate for city riding.
- Battery is detachable, meaning you can take it inside your room and charge is easily.
- The disc brakes stop the cycle immediately.
- On the costlier side.
Hero Lectro Renew 26T 7 Speed Electric Fat Bicycle
If you are in need of a good cycle with great traction then you can look into it.
The cycle comes with a good gear system and battery backup.
If you have rougher roads then this electric bicycle will be a joy to ride.
For the love of fat tires!
Here is a fat tire cycle providing excellent grip on the road with a powerful motor to go with.
- 48v 250 watt motor.
- Kenda Sri 107 fat tire
- 11.6 AH Li-ion battery
- Battery is detachable
- 7 speed gear system
- 100mm Bafang BB set torque sensor
- 26 inch alloy wheels
- Disc brakes
- LED headlights
- LCD display unit
- Fat bike tires are made for extra traction and grip on every kind of road.
- The motor power is adequate and provides 25km per hour top speed.
- The disc brakes are enough to stop immediately.
- 7 speed gear is useful along with the motor for extra speed and riding uphill.
- Battery is detachable and can be taken inside to charge it up.
- Durable built with good pedal assist.
- Great for commuting as mountain bikes would be with fat tires.
- Not really needed in a city.
Buying Guide to the best electric cycle in India
Motor: Choose the motor wisely since it will determine the battery voltage. If you are buying an electric bicycle motor kit 350w or 250 watts then you have to chose the battery accordingly. Otherwise if you are buying an fully assembled electric cycle then you do not have to worry.
The motor also determines the top speed of the bicycle.
Usually a 250 watt motor will go as fast as 25 km per hour and 350 watt motor will go about 35 km per hour.
Battery capacity: A usual 7.5 Ah battery will last around 35km at one charge. But when the battery becomes large, like 20Ah, you can go 80km at single charge. If that is the case with me then I can usually ride for a week with a single charge.
Brakes: Since you are using a motor powered cycle, you will need disk brakes. Without disk brakes riding a powered cycle is dangerous. So always go for disk brakes if you are looking to get one of the best electric cycles in India.
Suspension: With speed the bumpy roads will feel more bumpy. And with a suspension those harsh roads will feel much better. Thus always get electric bicycles which comes with suspensions.
Gear: yes, you do not need 7 or 21 speed gears. But if gears are present then riding uphills gets easier. And with a motor you can go much faster with gears. If you wish you can begin with 7 speed gears but like other cycles, geared cycles are more difficult to maintain.
Usually electric fat bicycles come with 21 gears. Geared motors are usually a better choice to me as well. Even better than an electric scooter.
Unisex: It is better to get unisex elelctric cycles so both men and women can use the motor. Apart from long cycling sessions these electric bicycles can be a great option to ride to short distances for the whole family.
Installation Process: Many electric cycles are foldable but those are not durable enough. Thus I would avoid them. And other than this the installation process should be easy if the motor is already installed.
However, always check youtube and instructions from the manufacturer.
Accessories: Usually no premium or electric cycles come with mudguard, basket, light etc. There are some exceptions like the Geekay UNI which costs around 35k but comes with all the accessories. Not having to buy accessories separately is a great feeling.
Service centers: Cycles do not need service centers but when it comes to electric bicycles there are motor, gears and other electrical parts. Those might need some professional attention from time to time. Thus always look for service centers near your home.
Which is the best electric bicycle in India?
HERO Lectro and Kinsta electric bicycles are one of the best electric bicycles in India if you do not mind the hidden battery compartment. Other than this there are Geekay who also make decent electric cycles for Indian streets.
What is the best electric bike for the money?
In my case the Geekay ecobike UNI electric cycle is the best electric bike for the money. It is unisex, has gears and good overall built.
Can you ride an electric bicycle in the rain?
You can ride on an electric bicycle in the rain. The battery is well covered in the case or in the metal frame. And the motor and other wirings are waterproof to an extent as well. So you can ride an electric bicycle in the rain easily.
How far can an electric bicycle go?
Electric cycles are limited to the battery capacity to go further. Larger the battery capacity, the further away they can go. Usually electric cycles come with a 7.5 AH battery.
And there are larger battery options as well, for example there are 18-20Ah batteries available also, these can give you a millage of 80km per charge easily.
How fast can an electric bicycle go?
A 250 watt motor on an electric bicycle can go upto 25km per hour of speed. And a 350 watt motor can go upwards of 35km per hour. Faster than that then you will need a license and the whole purpose of easy riding, saving nature will fail.
How to wash an electric bicycle?
Use water and a cloth to clean your electric bicycle. You do not need to use a water pipe to throw water at high speed, then it can go inside the battery pack or writing. Otherwise soap water and a cloth can be used to wash your electric bicycle easily.
Ref: Design of electric bike (research)