Best cricket shoes for fast bowlers should have best arch support and rubber studs at the sole.
These characteristics make the best cricket shoe for fast bowlers in India and worldwide.
If you are a beginner or intermediate then you can check our blog to find out the best shoes for bowlers in India.
And just a note, cricket is not a pocket friendly sports and first few shoes are premium and are truly best if you are a bowler.
9 Best Cricket Shoes For Fast Bowlers In India
- Adidas Men’s CRI Hase Cricket Shoe
- Nike Men’s Potential 3 Cricket Shoes
- Puma Men’s 19.1 Bowling Cricket Shoe
- DSC Zooter Cricket Shoe for Men
- ASE PRO Professional Cricket Shoes for Men
- SG High Light Cricket Shoe Studs for All Surface Pitch
- Vector X Blast Cricket Shoes
- SPARTAN Cricket Shoes
- BAS VAMPIRE Cricket Shoes
All Things related to Cricket
[REVIEWS] best cricket shoes for Fast bowlers in India
Adidas Men’s CRI Hase Cricket Shoe
Adidas Men’s CRI Hase Cricket Shoe is a great shoe for budding cricketers. It comes with good durability and traction.
- Synthetic leather upper material.
- Upper material has mesh areas for air to pass.
- EVA midsole with lightweight cushioning.
- The shoe is lightweight so it will not hinder your agility.
- The upper material is durable and flexible.
- The mesh parts are decent unless you sweat a lot, you are good.
- The midsole and the arch provide good support but not a speciality support.
- EVA sole is used which has many rubber studs as grips, this offers great traction on the fields.
At this price point from this brand you can not expect more.
Nike Men’s Potential 3 Cricket Shoes
Nike Men’s Potential 3 Cricket Shoes are great when it comes to find a balance of traction and comfort.
- Comes with a durable rubber outsole.
- Contains a lightweight cushion to dampen the impacts.
- The midsole is made with phylon material.
- The upper material is synthetic leather.
- Round toe.
- Lace-up closure.
- Made in Vietnam.
- The rubber outsole is grippy but might not work on rainy days.
- The cushioning of the shoe is great for bowlers.
- The phylon made midsole is lightweight and good for your feets.
- Synthetic leather made upper material is flexible and durable.
- Good ankle support.
- Very few users were not happy with the grip.
- Cost on popular online portal is high.
Puma Men’s 19.1 Bowling Cricket Shoe
This puma cricket shoe is for the serious player and it does not leave you empty.
- Synthetic upper material with neoprene sock.
- Slip on construction also comes with laces.
- Removable spikes.
- Rubberised outsole.
- Lightweight cushioned midsole.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane shank for extra stability.
- The synthetic upper material is flexible and durable at the same time.
- The shoe has a lace up system and a strap to make the fit more tight.
- This cricket shoes for fast bowlers has removable spikes.
- Overall a lightweight shoe.
- The midsole provides good support as well.
Costly if you are not a serious cricket player.
DSC Zooter Cricket Shoe for Men
The DSC beamer is one of the best cricket shoes for fast bowlers who are just starting out!
This footwear can also double as a running shoe.
- Lightweight outsole.
- Synthetic upper material.
- Toe and heel protection.
- Can be used by bowler and can be used by allrounders also.
- Rugged outsole with good grip.
- Great cricket shoe for amature, recreational players.
- Outsole is lightweight and does not require additional strength.
- Outsole is heavily rugged and it will provide good grip on the field.
- There is added toe and heel protection.
- Studs on the outsole are not long lasting.
- There is no ventilation on the synthetic upper, not good for sweaty feet.
ASE PRO Professional Cricket Shoes for Men
ASE PRO Professional Cricket Shoes are a good option if you are a bowler in India.
- PVC and metal studs on the outsole.
- Outsole is lightweight.
- Synthetic upper material.
- Lace up and velcro strap closure.
- The upper material has some vento pass air.
- Provides heel and toe support.
- Contains EVA sock and mesh upper lining to maximize comfort.
- Shoe fits well as per the size and is comfortable.
- Studs on the outsole are good for cricket bowlers.
- Upper material is made from PU material and is durable and flexible.
- Lace up system provides a good fit.
- Provides some cushion against impact.
- Many say that the shoe is on the heavier side.
- Falls short when it comes to breathability.
SG High Light Cricket Shoe Studs for All Surface Pitch
This GS cricket shoe has small studs and is good for all surface pitches.
- Lightweight shoe.
- Outsole has good grip via studs.
- Outsole is made from rubber.
- Lace Up and velcro strap closure.
- Synthetic upper material with ventilation holes.
- Provides some attention to heel and toe support.
- Lightweight shoe with studs on the outsole which is good for bowlers.
- The outsole is made from rubber which is good for all fields and provides good grip.
- The dual closure system provides good fit.
- Insole has an extra cushion to dampen the impact effects.
- Value for money.
A few buyers felt that the product is not original.
Vector X Blast Cricket Shoes
Vector x blast is a cricket shoe with studs at the outsole which provides good traction for the bowlers.
- One of the best yet low cost cricket shoe in India.
- PVC sole and upper material.
- Sole, footbed is textured.
- Provides good ankle and heel support.
- Provides toe cover.
- Low cost.
- PU material made top material which is durable and flexible.
- The studs are made of rubber and provides good traction and is good for bowlers.
- The lac up system is good enough for a comfortable fit.
- God for beginners or for practising.
- Outsole might seem too hard.
- Few faced issues with durability.
- Might slip.
SPARTAN Cricket Shoes
Spartan is an old company which makes cricket shoes in India and has been doing it for a long time.
- Tough outsole is rubber studs.
- Upper material is made from synthetic material.
- Upper material comes with ventilation holes.
- Closure system is made with lace up and strap.
- Provides decent toe guard.
- Decent material is used to make the shoes.
- The outsole is durable and provides enough traction over field.
- The upper material is made from PU material and is durable and flexible.
- Good design.
- Upper material has lots of ventilation holes but needs to be cleaned.
- Does not have much cushion to protect your shoes from impact.
- Although there are ventilation holes but could still be tough for those who get sweaty feet.
BAS VAMPIRE Cricket Shoes
BAS vampire is a comfortable shoe with good design and comes with rubber studs.
- Upper material is made with synthetic PU material.
- Shoe collars have mesh material.
- Decent heel support.
- Outsole is made from rubber with studs.
- This outsole is also flexible and durable.
- Midsole comes with EVA material for shock absorption.
- For the price it provides good support and traction.
- Upper material is durable, easy to clean and flexible. Should not pose any cause while running as a bowler.
- The midsole provides good support.
- There is some toe protection also.
Upper material does not have any ventilation option.
Buying Guide – cricket shoes for fast bowlers
Grip: For bowlers the shoe should have rubber spikes or deep grooves. You might not need long spikes but short spikes do great also. It will help you with running with stability.
Arch: Since you will be running, stopping quickly you will need a good arch support. With a good midsole that is an absolute must for any bowlers in India. Although online it will be tough to judge what type of arch you will need but at offline stores you can try the shoes.
Cushion: With all that running, you will receive some impacts. And without proper cushion all that impact will go straight to the knee. It will generate pain over a long time and you will have to take days off. To prevent that always check if the sole is thick and if the insides of the shoes are soft.
Outer Material: The outer material is usually made with PU like materials with breathe mesh on the top. The outer material has to be durable and flexible. If it is not durable you might get hurt when the ball lands on your toes. And without top material flexibility you will not be able to perform quickly, efficiently on the field.
For the toe protection you can choose shoes that have a separate ridge/toe line on the outer material.
Spikes: If you play on the fields most of the time then you should wear some short spiked shoes for bowling. It will provide you with a great grip on the field.
Cost: Good cricket shoes for bowlers are costly, if you are opting for a sub par product then understand that it will lose grip, and sturdiness quickly.
I will suggest that you use a premium or a shoe that your budget can allow. And keep a low cost cricket shoe for emergencies.
Why do fast bowlers cut their shoes?
It is to reduce the stress on the toe. Our feets are not designed to withstand constant impact with ground like pace bowlers do. If you follow their style you will see them do a long run, and just before throwing the ball they do a little jump and rotate the arm. At that moment the leading foot takes the pressure and most of the toe gets crammed and pain is felt.
What shoes do cricketers wear?
Any branded cricket specific shoes from brands like Nike, adidas would do just fine. They definitely do not wear running shoes or walking shoes to the field.
Do cricketers wear shoes with spikes?
Yes, cricketers wear spike shoes. But mostly batsman wear heavy spiked shoes since it allows them to run quickly between the wickets and hold their grounds. Bowlers on the other hand wear shoes with short spikes or rubber studs.
Can we remove spikes from cricket shoes?
Yes you can but you have to be very careful otherwise you will damage the shoes. You can also find tools to remove spikes from cricket shoes.
Can you wear cricket shoes without spikes?
You can wear cricket shoes without spikes. You can buy cricket shoes that have rigged rubber soles or half spikes. Or even can get shoes with smaller spikes. These shoes are good for bowlers.
What are good cricket shoes?
Adidas, SG, puma, Nike, Vector all have good quality shoes in India. Many are sold online with high discounts. If you can you should visit shoe stores and wear the shoe to check how it fits.
Why do cricketers wear spikes?
Batsmen do need heavy spiked cricket shoes since it allows them to run with great traction on the pitch. Bowlers on the other hand wear shoes with subtle spikes or rubber studs. More or less if you are playing on a field you will need spiked shoes.
Why do people wear spiked shoes?
Spiked shoes help people to not slip. It is necessary for grassy, muddy or even fields. Spiked shoes are heavily used where the player is playing on field such as cricket or football.
Can we use football shoes for cricket?
Football shoes have spikes that are little different than cricket shoes. And the overall made is different also. Football shoes are meant to strike the ball and thus designed in that way.
How do you wash cricket shoes?
To wash a cricket shoe you can use any detergent powder or mild soap. Use warm water for a better cleaning experience and then you have to dry it up. For any marks on the shoe body you can use a brush or a piece of cloth to rub it clean. And use little water and mild soap or detergent again.
Do Asics still make cricket shoes?
Yes, Asics makes cricket shoes and these shoes are popular in India. The pricing is pocket friendly and the shoes are durable enough.