There are different types of ayurvedic supplements for bodybuilding.
You can get herbal blend proteins or can try to reap the benefits of herbs like ashwagandha and shilajit.
Depending on your needs you can even make your own blend using ayurvedic herbs.
But here are what realistically you should expect to happen to your body.
And note that there are no reports of side effects while consuming ayurvedic bodybuilding supplements.
But these only work if you work your ass off in the gym and eat healthy.
Best ayurvedic supplements for bodybuilding
- VAIDYA’S new age ayurveda Herbobuild
- Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder
- OZiva Protein & Herbs [BEST For women]
- Kapiva Green Superfoods – Complete Nutrition Powder
- Naturyz Testo-6 Plant based Supplement [BEST for men]
Here are the best ayurvedic supplements for muscle gain made with herbs that may help you with your fitness goals. If you are looking to get a protein mix with herbs then Quista pro and Oziva will work best for you.
If you are interested in consuming single herbs for your ayurvedic diet for bodybuilding, then check these best ayurvedic supplements for muscle gain!
Advantages of buying herbs separately is that you can make your own blend or consume the herb you need more.
For example, if you are a female then you might want to eat shatavari more. Or if you are a male then you might want to eat gokshura more.
All Ayurvedic Health Supplements reviews!
|Best Ayurvedic weight gainer in India||Best shatavari powder brand in India|
|How to use Ashwagandha and Shatavari for weight gain||Himalaya Quista Pro Review|
|Best Ashwagandha Powder in India||Best ayurvedic supplements for bodybuilding|
Reviews of the best ayurvedic supplements for bodybuilding
DR. VAIDYA’S new age ayurveda Herbobuild
Herbobuild is a great ayurvedic option when you want to build muscle in a quick hassle free way.
This is available in 30 capsules in a jar which should last you a month.
- 100% natural, chemical free.
- No side effects.
- May help with building muscles and strength.
- May help with relieving stress and improve overall performance.
- Contains ashwagandha, safed musli and shatavari. All of these are known for increasing muscle mass, endurance and energy levels.
- FDA, GMP approved.
- The blend of herbs is perfect and is well known to improve one’s performance in the gym or in the fields.
- These herbs may improve testosterone levels and the level of growth hormone.
- Although not ayurvedic medicine for a strong body, but will help you get one.
- No side effects.
- Can be used by anyone who is doing a decent workout.
- Recommends to use it for at least 3 months to see results.
- Must do workout and eat healthy.
- This is not a magic pill and effects will vary from people to people.
- You will need a protein powder to gain some serious muscle and strength.
Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder
Himalaya is well known brands and I have personally used many products from them.
If you want to consume whey protein which is a very effective food item for muscle gain then you can get this one.
Considering it also mixes herbs for stamina, muscle growth, endurance you should get good results with workout.
- 22 gram whey protein per scoop of 34 grams.
- Contains peptide digestive enzyme.
- Whey protein used is a blend of concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate.
- Contains 3.1 gram glutamic acid.
- Contains naturally occurring BCAA of 5 grams.
- Contains EAA of 10.3 grams.
- Comes with herbs like ashwagandha (helps reduce stress and build muscle), hadjod (helps with bone joints), Pomegranate (Helps reduce DOMS, soreness and improve muscle recovery)
- Contains whey protein which is well known to help with muscle gain, strength and immunity.
- Whey protein is also fast absorbing thus it will reach your muscles faster.
- The BCAA,taurine and glutamic acid will help you recover faster.
- Also contains vitamins, calcium which will help with immunity and recovery.
- Will improve stamina, bone health, builds muscle and strength.
- No need to take ashwagandha, hadjob separately. Although the quantity is small here.
- Will help to consume more protein per day.
- With diet it can be used as the ayurvedic supplement for weight gain in India.
- Considering the ingredients it is not clear how much herbs you are going to consume per scoop.
- The protein blend contains three types of whey protein but in what ratio is not clear. Since whey concentrate is the low cost and the other two are of high cost. So it could be possible that it contains whey concentrate way more than isolate and hydrolysate.
- Herbs and vitamins reduce the quantity of whey protein which could be the most effective when it comes to muscle gain.
OZiva Protein & Herbs
Oziva is a great protein blend for fitness enhancement, female bodybuilder and alike.
It comes with herbs and whey protein which is a must buy.
- 23 gram cold pressed whey protein per 32 gram scoop.
- Contains 5.5 gram naturally occurring BCAA
- Comes with essential multivitamins, minerals.
- Contains biotin.
- Comes with a metabolism blend of green tea, guduchi, cinamon.
- Comes with hormonal balance blend of shatavari, tulsi, flaxseed, curcumin.
- No soy, No gluten, no preservatives.
- Whey protein will help you gain muscle and strength if you workout. It is well known for its effects on the human body.
- The 5.5 gram BCAA will help with muscle recovery and reduce recovery time after workout.
- Biotin will help you with your hair and nail, and all other vitamins will help with maintaining natural body functions.
- Green tea, guduchi is also included which will help boost your metabolism so you can eat more natural foods and gain strength.
- Comes with many flavours.
- No allergy regarding soy, gluten.
Price is high but the product is good.
Kapiva Green Superfoods – Complete Nutrition Powder
Kapiva Green Superfoods is a blend of all superfoods and some amount of protein to help you get the best health you can possibly get!
- Get nutrition from 23 green superfoods
- Vegan, plant based protein
- Comes with flax seeds, chicory root, soya fibre.
- Contains 26 vitamins and minerals
- Contains superfoods like Moringa, Spirulina, wheatgrass, spinach, amla and lemongrass.
- Can be used as a detox drink.
- Gluten free.
- An easy way to eat some green vegetables and reap the benefits.
- Can get a small amount of plant based protein per scoop.
- Per scoop comes with soya fiber which will aid in digestion.
- The alkaline properties of this blend makes it a good detox drink.
- Can eat green vegetables easily with this but does not replaces real food anyway.
- Rich in antioxidants and will boost your immunity levels.
- Comes with added vitamins and minerals which will help with boosting natural health.
- Completely vegan product with no sugar, colors.
- Good for keto diet as well.
- May help with strength and muscle gain.
- May help with glowing skin.
- A all in one solution to get all the herbs for muscle strength.
- 20 gram of this superfood blend comes with 4-5 grams of protein so not exactly for bodybuilding. And you should consider another protein drink along with it.
- Needs 400-500ml of water, which is a lot.
Naturyz Testo-6 Plant based Supplement
This is a blend of 6 plant based supplement which is specially made for men.
This can help with sexual issues and help with muscle gain also.
- 1000mg Tribulus Terrestris300mg Safed Musli, can help with testosterone and growth hormone.
- 300mg Kaunj extract
- 200mg Ashwagandha
- 200mg Fenugreek
- 100mg panax ginseng
- 1000mg Tribulus Terrestris, commonly used to boost male hormone and for erectile dysfunction. Also is helpful to gain strength and muscle.
- 300mg Safed Musli, can help with testosterone and growth hormone. Also safed musli can also help with increasing immunity and energy.
- 300mg Kaunj extract, used for male health and can help reduce stress and increase vitality!
- 200mg Ashwagandha for stress and anxiety
- 200mg Fenugreek for stamina boosting.
- 100mg panax ginseng for recovery and endurance enhancement
- Comes at a very reasonable cost and should last you a month or two.
- This is definitely ideal as an ayurvedic supplement for bodybuilding, men over 30, fitness enthusiasts and athletes.
- This can simply replace all of your ayurvedic home remedies for weight gain for men in India.
- This can also be counted as the best ayurvedic medicine for muscle strength in India.
- None, unless you are looking to get protein too.
- Will help with your muscle/strength goals only if you eat a lot of food with protein and workout at the gym or home.
Common herbs for muscle growth
Ashwagandha for Muscle Growth
Ashwagandha is the most famous of the herbs that are used by bodybuilders.
Ashwagandha helps calm your mind and also has some muscle building properties.
It is well researched that ashwagandha might have effects on increasing overall performance for an athlete or bodybuilder.
Shatavari for Muscle Growth
Shatavari is a common herb, consumed by women for reproductive issues.
This herb is also being used for bodybuilding since it has elements that can reduce figure, increase muscle growth, testosterone boost.
Moreover it has vitamin A, C and many minerals. It also has some amino acids that help with protein synthesis.
Gokhru for bodybuilding
Gokhru is well known for its usages for ED and kidney issues. Gokhru is popular among bodybuilders since it has properties to increase testosterones.
This hormone helps us with performance in the gym.
In other words with higher testosterone level you stand a better chance at growing muscles.
And another plus point is that it has no side effects like other testosterone booster drugs. But since it is a herb, the effects will be different on everybody.
Still a great option to use if you are an athlete.
Safed Musli for bodybuilding
Safed Musli is an Indian herb and some studies shows that this herb promotes an increase in growth hormone.
This could help you with your gym routine and gain some muscle.
Although more research is required but still safed musli is a known herb for many illness and one notable id ED.
Amla for for bodybuilding
I prefer eating amla raw with a pinch of salt but in this way you can not eat a lot of this. Rather powder from dried amla works the best.
Amla is rich in vitamin C and will help you increase your immunity.
This will indirectly help you with your fitness training.
Have realistic expectations!
This is to tell you to have realistic expectations. Since most ayurvedic blends/herbs are not clinically tested thus the results will vary from person to person.
Eating these supplements will not turn you into a hulk but might help with your focus, strength, and immunity. But that’s it.
Let’s look at a common herb as an example.
For example, lets take one of the most common herb ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is known to make you calm, help you focus and also have some muscle building properties. But are those results based on extensive tests? Not really.
But to some extent it really works.
Especially for calming you. It will help you get weights moving at the gym so you can get leaner or get muscular depending on your foals.
Since we are talking about goals, you should understand that overall diet plays a key role.
Eat more calorie dense food, you will gain more muscle.
Eat less calorie dense foods and spend more calories than you consume, you will lose weight.
In both cases you have to workout, eat well and rest well.
Supplements are here only for help, and for both goals whey/casein proteins are your best friend.
After these comes creatine, which is proven when it comes to bodybuilding.
And then comes all other supplements like ayurvedic supplements.
What is the healthiest muscle building supplement?
Creatine is the healthiest muscle building supplement. It is well researched and taken by a ton of athletes worldwide.
What herb is good for building muscle?
Ashwagandha is known to help with muscle building, apart from it you can take safed musli, shatavari also. All are known to increase immunity and relief from anxiety.
Does Ashwagandha help in bodybuilding?
Yes, ashwagandha has proven benefit when it comes to muscle building. Usually 350-500mg doses are under safe limits per day.
How can I build muscle naturally?
You should lift heavy than the last time, eat a lot of protein and you will build muscle naturally.
What tea is good for muscle recovery?
Green might help you relax a bit but definitely not the best for muscle recovery. You can do yoga, foam rolling on the off days to expedite muscle recovery.
What drinks help build muscle?
Protein shakes, milk, fruit juice are the drinks that will help you build muscle.
What supplements should I take gym?
No 1 supplement that you should take into your gym is creatine, whey protein shake. This works great for recovery, reducing DOMS. alternatively you can mix those with fruit juice, milk to make it more healthy.
Does Ashwagandha increase stamina?
Ashwagandha can calm your mind, and reduce your stress thus indirectly you might feel more energetic. But if you are seriously feeling lack of energy you might have some deficiency, so better get a doctor to check you out.
What food makes your muscles grow?
Eggs, milk and chicken should be the food that makes your muscles grow. All of these foods contain great amount of high quality protein and other nutrients that your body will require form muscle growth.
How can I get big in 2 weeks?
If you are a beginner and want to get big in 2 weeks, then with strict form compound lifts and hight protein diet you can get big. If you are a seasoned athlete then you have to seek professional help where coaches will guide you and create a plan especially for you to get big.
Is Vitamin C good for muscle growth?
Vitamin C is good for maintaining immunity of your body and by eating oranges or other citric foods you can boost your vitamin C intake naturally.
Can we drink lemon water after workout?
Yes, I usually take lemon in a glass of water and sometime also mix ORS powder to it. It replenishes the electrolytes and saves you from tiredness.
Are gym supplements safe?
Yes, all gym supplements especially the best ayurvedic supplements for bodybuilding are safest. But herbal supplements have different effects on each of us.
Are supplements necessary for gym?
No, supplements are of any nature be it ayurvedic is not necessary for gym. But you can always have them with a balanced diet so that you can get faster to your fitness goals.
Do I need protein supplements?
You certainly do not need protein supplements. But you can always get herbal,vegan pea supplements. And if you are interested in herbs then take ashwagandha, shatavari, safed musli etc.